Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Pacific Northwest & Alaska
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: Where and how much to sell my boat?

I sent you an email with my phone number to an aol address.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-15-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road

Saw it on CL, good luck with the sale!
Old 08-16-2013

Thanks. What do you think? I think I should take better pictures. Close ups. It seems like I put pictures more to show off my trip than pictures to sell a boat! I need some way to show how its clean and nicer than the others, but I don't have the pictures taken.
Old 08-16-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
Thanks. What do you think? I think I should take better pictures. Close ups. It seems like I put pictures more to show off my trip than pictures to sell a boat! I need some way to show how its clean and nicer than the others, but I don't have the pictures taken.
I have not seen your listing, but when I was looking I was more interested in seeing what the boat looked like than where it had been. If you can get pics of its condition, that's a plus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
The Following User Says Thank You to DRFerron For This Useful Post:
northoceanbeach (08-23-2013)
Old 08-17-2013
always busy with sailing

A photo or two showing the boat flying sails on the water is very nice. It is nicest if these were taken from another boat, do you have any friends who took such shots on your trip?

The bulk of the photos should show the condition and interior. Your photos are primarily distance shots which make it hard to see what has been done to the boat. The ad says that it has cushions from 1997, new running rigging hardware, and those should be shown.

If you have any photos from the haul out they should be included as well.

Craigslist limits you to a small number of low resolution photos. The best way to do this is to put up a few of those that shows how clean the boat is, then link to an externally hosted gallery that has detail shots of just about everything.

Hopefully you are getting some interest. Being in Friday Harbor does make it hard for Seattle-area buyers to take a look. It is a long day to get to Friday Harbor and back to look at a boat, and costs close to $100 in fuel and ferry fees in an average car.
Old 08-17-2013

Aha. That is my project for today. Good advice. Thanks. I'm making my way south so I just thought I would start the listing while I'm in friday harbor. Just in case. I don't expect much, but I would expect even less if it wasn't listed at all. I forget how much gas an ferry fees cost these days. $100. Not good. I wouldn't spend it on a boat that may be something you look at for 1 minute and write off.

Liberty bay here I come. We're sure there is nowhere to anchor in Seattle right? On one of the lakes? Or what is this eagle harbor?
Old 08-17-2013
always busy with sailing

The ferries to the San Juan Islands are about $60 round trip. You can look it up. It is about 100 mile drive each way, so $30-$40 in fuel for the average car.

You can anchor in Eagle Harbor or Liberty Bay. Eagle Harbor is a lot easier for a Seattle resident to check out a boat in, they can take the ferry and walk on. It is about a mile walk from the ferry to the harbor, and there is a public dock there where you could meet them.

I've heard of people anchoring near the locks and Shilshole Marina (south side of the channel, near the N"10" buoy), but I've never done it myself. There are some mooring balls there and it can get very shallow.

There is anchorage near Seaward Park in Seattle on Lake Washington in Andrew's Bay. It's about 2-3 hours to get there from the locks. It's a very pretty area, but not much nearby except for houses. Not a bad place to spend a couple of days.

There is no anchoring anywhere on Lake Union without an event permit unless it is the 4th of July.

There is very nice anchorage at the north end of Bainbridge Island in Port Madison, but it would be hard for someone to meet you there. It is about an hour crossing from there to Shilshole though, so you could list the boat as in Seattle and sail across to meet people on the X dock at Shilshole.
Old 08-17-2013

Thanks. I have a plan, assuming the lady I meet Monday doesn't want it.

It is $60. I just forgot how much it cost, I haven't taken my car on the ferry from anacortes in 10 years.
Old 08-17-2013

Mobile Photobucket

Good idea Alex. My iPhone camera sucks a bit since I neglected a case, but hey, it can't be perfect. I'm curious what those pictures look like on a big screen.

Maybe the lady in port Angeles will buy it Monday. That would make my life easy.
Old 08-18-2013
always busy with sailing

Your link shows a mobile version of the website with tiny photos. This one is a better link:
northoceanbeach's Library | Photobucket

Those photos are a lot better. One facing backwards from the V-berth towards the companionway would be good. The rigging closeups are handy to see that there is newer hardware, but there are some near dups (like of I think is your main sheet).

Good luck on Monday!