SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest & Alaska (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-northwest-alaska/)
-   -   Crew Wanted (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-northwest-alaska/48920-crew-wanted.html)

artbyjody 11-14-2008 03:21 AM

Crew Wanted

Saturday a race at Shilshole...

I am lacking Brian and before I send out crew wanted emails - Need crew. Race starts this Sat at 11:00...

This is the monthly event and short notice...

Can you PNWers help - no experience necessary..............

Just call 425-260-2669

If I do not get at least three then I can't do it. Winds should be fair and we are a great upwind boat... rating 105.....can't do it solo.....

blt2ski 11-14-2008 01:10 PM

WIsh I could help, heading to T-line with a carpool at 1:30 for the weekend. Which series is this? if on sunday I could probably help later on. otherwise I am skiing on saturdays, and most weekends in Dec training folks.

marty

artbyjody 11-14-2008 01:23 PM

This one is the snowbird series race #1:

Shilshole Bay Yacht Club

So far, looks like we will have minimum number of crew (gotta love craigslist) which is good ....

it's just a sat afternoon race.

Have fun this weekend!

blt2ski 11-14-2008 01:40 PM

Race 2 is 12-13, If I am not skiing/teaching/working, I'll free that day up.

Other dates?

Marty

artbyjody 11-14-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blt2ski (Post 401973)
Race 2 is 12-13, If I am not skiing/teaching/working, I'll free that day up.

Other dates?

Marty

Cool - as of right now, not sure building up the winter racing list and will post our tentative schedule up later next week...

blt2ski 11-14-2008 01:51 PM

For you and others in puget sound, the SARC calender will be put out for general broadcast monday'ish. Saw the final sub draft last night, she was looking for fresh eyes for missells etc, i'll email final when I get it.

artbyjody 11-16-2008 03:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Marty, please post when you get..

We did a DNF... not much choice. I had a totally rookie crew (and my boat is not that simple period)... We waited for a bit before we flew the asym because everything led forward is complicated and I had to have time to get them into the rhythm..

I finally called it.. we flew it and made beats on the the fleet that had ghosted us...

But one of the buoys.. a bad call on my behalf - we over-ran pulling the chute down.. wind was 2 knots at best but with 3 knots tide... we never made it... after 2 hours. I turned on the motor to play with slingshot's crew... we passed the committee boat on the port and called in our Disqualify..

Slingshot and I then played for a bit. The highlight was out in speed transfer of keg ...

Attachment 2741

Gotta love what we do for friends on the water... we had extra so we shared - and that was a more fullfilling experience than being DNF..

Good time had by all... Rookie crew did awesome - I'd like to take credit for it, but in a short few hours we got the system down and all good - Jen/ BF, and eric... awesome you all did GREAT..

I take the ultimate responsibility for the DNF - but we really didn't have much to lose all things considered..last is last and being the last rated boat in the div - well we can laugh about it later...

Thanks for the hard work and attention to detail.. Had you guys not been awesome we'd never flown the chute and never really beeen able to comapin about the bouy we tried so hard to pass in 2 knots of wind with 3 knots of tide against us!

Great outing...pissy for our result but sometimes - it is what it is andf if you do not have fun then.. it is way more what it was instead of what it could of been!

evb 11-17-2008 06:56 PM

Jody,

Thanks again for the sailing lesson! If I can lend a hand in the future give me a shout. I'll PM you my contact info.

Eric

evb 11-17-2008 07:03 PM

Don't have enough posts to PM. Cell is (xxx)xxx-xxxx

artbyjody 11-17-2008 08:19 PM

No problem - thanks for coming out. You did great for the first time. Had it not been the tide being stronger than the winds that we had while trying to beat it upwind around the mark....

Unfortunately that is the nature of the beast!

We shall get you in some of the other positions next time.

email me at artbyjody@aol.com with contact info...

We'll try and see if we can't get out this weekend..

Thanks again - look forward to seeing you as a regular.