Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Pacific Northwest & Alaska
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Around Vashon Race next weekend! DEC 6th

JUst wanted to see how many sailnetters are going. We will be there, I am sure Marty will be.

Should be an interesting race and personally I prefer the distance versus the mark to mark races! I think we have our crew line-up solidified thanks to the HG website and Tony volunteering to lend his expertise (hope Kirk comes as well). I'll be arriving in Tacoma - Friday night, so if any of your guys want to do a social - my boat will be ready for guests...I hear they throw a great party on Friday night as well - so we can do that as well....

As far as I know - Slingshot (Grady), & Amoretto (Marty) will be there... Think I will have two sailnetters onboard for this one..

How about you David - you and your daughter going? BTW Charlie - if you want a break on working on the maintenance schedule - more than welcome to crew on HG or Marty's boat I imagine...

I still have to call the TYC - anyone know what time the race actually starts? I have my crew showing up by nine assuming its a 10:00 start....

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2008

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Jody,

You'd better have crew there an hour earlier, as first gun is 0900, with a 13 hr time limit. Along with a possible shortening of the course at the north end if the wind is a bit on the low side!

marty
Old 11-30-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Jody,

You'd better have crew there an hour earlier, as first gun is 0900, with a 13 hr time limit. Along with a possible shortening of the course at the north end if the wind is a bit on the low side!

marty
Thanks will get that changed! They didn't state that on the site - kinda poorly done but thats local knowledge ! Thanks...

S/V "
" -

Old 11-30-2008

I had that on an application mailed to me.

You might also check out the southsoundseries.com website, at least that might be the website. The TYC website has a link. IIRC the times etc for all four races are at that site, with directions etc.
Old 11-30-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I had that on an application mailed to me.

You might also check out the southsoundseries.com website, at least that might be the website. The TYC website has a link. IIRC the times etc for all four races are at that site, with directions etc.

Will check out - thanks!

S/V "
" -

Old 11-30-2008

Southern Sound Series

That should get you to the info you need, hopefully this posts before I go bye bye by battery dieing, or service getting lost!

Marty
Old 12-04-2008

So did you get signed up? I sent my check registration last saturday.

Now that I am home a day early, will head down and clean her up and out a bit for the trip down tomorrow. Funny how the weather forcast is slightly different around the sound. Tacoma has patchy fog for tomorrow, no fog listed for here in edmonds!

Marty
Old 12-04-2008

I'll do it on Friday - will be leaving I think in the AM to go up. Really wish more for these were online registrations I hate mailing anything...At any rate we shall see you guys down there...Shall be interesting!

S/V "
" -

Old 12-05-2008

should be leaving in about an hr, about an hour later than I want. but will be fighting an ebb the whole way no matter what I do, unlessI left about 3 hrs ago!

Marty
Old 12-05-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Howdy:

I just flew in from Charlotte, and boy are my arms tired...

Nope, we won't be participating... Too much stuff to catch up on.

Good luck!

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.