PNW - Cruising Guides. - Page 4 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 Old 07-12-2012
Lives for Friday

Re: PNW - Cruising Guides.

The beauty of Pacific Coast Pilot's Gulf Islands guide is that it's free to download.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 07-12-2012

The Evergreen Cruising Giudes, for both the East coast and West coast of Vancouver Island are all the charts one needs, from Olympia to Cape Caution.

Brent Swain, Boat designer, Builder, and author of "Origami Metal Boatbuilding"
post #33 of 35 Old 05-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by buoytalk View Post
The beauty of Pacific Coast Pilot's Gulf Islands guide is that it's free to download.
Here's me blowing our horn.

I know your post is a couple years old, but I should note that Pacific Coast Pilot became Salish Sea Pilot soon after you posted that.

And after 17,000 free downloads of our guides to the Gulf Islands, San Juan Islands and Desolation Sound, we did complete updates of them and this spring started charging $5 for each ebook, hoping to cover our costs.

We will soon add guides to Puget Sound and Northern Georgia Strait, essentially covering all of the Salish Sea.

Sorry about the commercial.
post #34 of 35 Old 05-09-2015

Foojin, thanks for resurrecting this thread. Very timely, as I'm planning to cruise north as far as I can get the end of June. This guide looks perfect, as I can load it on the same tablet I use for navigation.

But ... the guide I really need is the "Northern Georgia Strait", which your site says is "in the works". When do you think that will be available?
post #35 of 35 Old 05-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by wristwister View Post
But ... the guide I really need is the "Northern Georgia Strait", which your site says is "in the works". When do you think that will be available?
Hi wristwister. We are pressing to finish as quick as we can, but I fear we won't get Northern Georgia Strait online till late summer at the earliest. We have discussed focusing on Puget Sound, as it's closer to being ready, and not come out with N. Georgia Strait until 2016, but it's just talk at this point.

Sorry about that, but thanks for the interest.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.