headliner - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-20-2013 Thread Starter

headliner

Has anybody taken down the head liner completely on a 34/37? We just installed some mast pulpits on Indigo and we had to pull the headliner staples out near the outboard edges to be able to drill through the deck and bolt it in. It was a real pain to get the headliner staples out but I'm afraid it will be much worse getting it back up.

There has to be a trick to getting the headliner stapled back in place tight without wrinkles. Someone told me to try and heat it with a hair drier to stretch it out - and should tighten up after stapling as it cools back down. Any special tools that would make it easier?

Since I have it part way down, I'm considering going the rest of the way (one side at a time) in order to re-bed the deck hardware. Nothing leaks now, but it's 20 year old sealant and it seems like a good time to do it.

Brian & Marya
S/V Indigo
Pacific Seacraft 34
Hull #281

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-14-2014

Re: headliner

Brian

A few years back I pulled the headliner off the boat. We had bought the boat new and the mast pulpits were not included in the original order, but were added prior to the boat leaving the Fullerton facility. Apparently they were installed after the headliner and the amount of sealant used was minimal which resulted in leaks when the boat was worked hard.

The boat was worked hard doing the Baja Bash north and as a result the zippers were completely corroded, I needed to pull and reseat the mast pulpits and with the headliner off reseated most of the deck hardware.

Took awhile to find someone to replace the headliner. But utimately Hoffman Foam of San Diego did a beautiful job. They also did an excellent job on the new interior cushions that were done year.

I would suggest giving Memo of Hoffman Foam a call and see if he can help with reinstalling the headliner in your boat.

Regards

Marc Hall
Crazy Fish - Maintaining, Upgrading and Sailing a Crealock 37
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2014 Thread Starter

Re: headliner

Thanks Marc,
I appreciate the help, and I'll give them a call.

I see that the PSC factory is now doing panel and batten overheads which looks much better IMO and would make getting to the bolt heads so much easier. However, I don't think that will fit in my budget or timeline any time soon.

Brian & Marya
S/V Indigo
Pacific Seacraft 34
Hull #281

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.