Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013

oceangirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Trying to streamline storage and dishwashing

Keith, I've been try to sell that set up to my hubby, perfect place for making homemade bread and pastas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~Ocean Girl~~
~~Mrs. Rain Dog~~
1989 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Hull# 142

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2013
Maine Dub

34crealock is on a distinguished road

The underside of the nave table top on Coorie Doon has a fold out leg that holds it open just enough so it is a level surface. Like Oceangirl said handy for food prep or other projects.
PSC 34 #286
Coorie Doon
Old 12-05-2013

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC
wsmurdoch is on a distinguished road

Irish Eyes also has the maybe 1"x1"x8 teak bit inside the the desk that pivots on a screw near one end and holds the nav desk top partially open and level. We have used it both as another flat spot to place things on and as a place for the extra dinner guest to sit amd eat when the table was already completly surrounded by people.

We also have another piece of teak (maybe 3/4"x3/4"x8") screwed to the port side of the nav desk. Apparently, the original cover for the stove would rest on it and on the top of the teak railing around the sink making an extra countertop but also blocking passage thru the boat.

(Irish Eyes was missing the stove cover when we bought her. I made one, but I did not include the 3/4" deep little circular cut out needed to fit around the stainless steel post between the sink counter and the salon overhead, so my new stove cover will not fit in that spot.)

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Ifish Eyes
oceangirl likes this.
Old 12-05-2013

cheoah is on a distinguished road

Here are some photos of the extra shelf used for drying dishes:

and with it in use drying dishes:

My apologies for the poor image quality. The shelf has a lip that sits wedged behind the fiddle, and there are two angle braces below. You have to be aware of it if you are using that bunk, but all in all it is very useful space.

As you can see, my chart table is also a flat working surface, with the swing-up legs. That is the most used space on the boat by me. It is the perfect work height for galley work, and I use it as a light duty work bench, and of course nav station underway, w SSB and HAM behind. A third of it is usually covered in fruit during summer coastal cruising. We of course keep it stowed while underway, but in calm conditions or at anchor we'll leave it out, where it is vulnerable to wakes or whatever. I lost a peach last summer.....and found it weeks later

Where do ya'll keep your fruit? I try to only take meat, milk, eggs, and veggies from our farm while coastal cruising, and we eat a lot of fruit from the market and sea life when we score. Turns out I eat much better on the water overall... now where did those cookies go?

The ergonomics of our nav stations and galleys work very well for me, and I do cook far more on the boat while out cruising. What an incredible boat, really. Enjoying hearing how your boats are configured, thanks for the contributions.

Does anyone have a clever way to turn nav table into workbench? Like with a protective cover of some kind, like ply, and a vice?
oceangirl likes this.
Old 12-05-2013
Mondofromredondo

mondofromredondo is on a distinguished road

Hello Cheoah,
Not sure if your posting of photos came thru or not. I'd sure like to see them as well. Sounds like you are describing an extension of the counter fwd of the sink? Maybe a foldable one for drying of dishes? Whether or not thats what you've done i like the idea of a fold down shelf fwd of the sink. I think I've seen something like that on the newer PSC's.

Speaking of your lost Peach. I left a pork loin (uncooked) in the icebox (turned off) closed up for probably about 5 or 6 weeks. Hate to tell you what that was like when I opened it up. All the things that flew out, the smell. I scrubbed with bleach and hot water for 2 hours. Had to throw my clothes away. Won't be making that mistake again anytime soon!!!!

Took a month for the girlfriend to feel okay about going down to the boat again.

Last edited by mondofromredondo; 12-05-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Just so everyone is fully aware ... there was a stuff up re Mondofromredondo's account and he was forced to post as Caboman until we sorted out the problem. All is now good so Mondo is back and Cabo must be banished. Poor Cabo. Let's raise a glass to his passing.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 12-05-2013
Mondofromredondo

mondofromredondo is on a distinguished road

I couldn't have gotten my old Mondo screename back without the help of Andrew.

Thanks Andrew !!!

Keith
Old 12-05-2013

cheoah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondofromredondo View Post
Hello Cheoah,
Not sure if your posting of photos came thru or not. I'd sure like to see them as well.
Can you not see it? The forum photo uploader did not work, tried a few times. USed third party site, let me know if I'm the only one seeing them
Old 12-06-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboman View Post
.....Last French Press went into the drink when I was trying to dump grinds.....
Dumping grinds in the water?

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 12-06-2013

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC
wsmurdoch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
Can you not see it? The forum photo uploader did not work, tried a few times. USed third party site, let me know if I'm the only one seeing them
Your photos display fine.

I've seen a folding shelf attached to the forward side of the galley sinks of PSC 34s that have the fold down table, but not one like yours.

What are the ribs on the bottom of the stove cover for? That also is something I have not seen before.

Bill Murdoch