SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   Selling our 31 :( (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/114033-selling-our-31-a.html)

okapi3 12-28-2013 10:28 PM

Selling our 31 :(

After long consideration my wife and I have agreed to sell Wayfarer, our beautiful 1988 Crealock 31 which we have owned for 6 years, lovingly maintained, and customized with a CapeHorn windvane system. We have our eyes on a Valiant 42 with the intention of some longterm cruising and hopefully a circumnavigation. We absolutely do not consider the change of boats to be an "upgrade" but simply an "upsize" because we cannot imagine a better, safer or more attractive boat than Wayfarer. We just need more space for creature comforts, crew, fuel capacity, etc. We will miss her bronze portlights, winches and cleats, her teak toerails and lovely sheer. I will miss the way she comfortably handles a breeze with the cutter rig balanced just right, steering with just 2 fingers on the wheel for the joy of steering, or else just letting the windvane silently steer day and night. (It makes me sad that I won't ever again have a salon table that magically appears and disappears ;) ). Some of you may remember we almost sold her a couple years ago and then got cold feet at the last moment, but this time is for real.

We haven't officially listed her with a broker yet, and don't have a web site (I am computer illiterate) but if anyone is interested or wants more info please send me a PM. She is currently on the hard in Solomons,Md.

Paul

wmjr 12-29-2013 09:08 PM

Re: Selling our 31 :(

Paul,

Good luck with your sale and sail. Fair winds and thanks for all the '31 advice you have helped me with.

John
PSC 31 #28

brokesailor 12-30-2013 07:07 AM

Long term cruising, circumnavigation? I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arisatx 12-31-2013 11:22 AM

Good luck Paul!

We also went from our beloved PSC37 to a V42 - just for a bit more interior volume and systems access. Pluses and minuses on both, but we're happy we went to the V42.

okapi3 01-01-2014 11:54 AM

Ted,
Obviously you still do think about your Pacific Seacraft---you are still following the forum!
I will probably do the same. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the change, as I expect we will be. There will be a steep learning curve for us--but that's exciting!
Paul

arisatx 01-02-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okapi3 (Post 1262730)
Ted,
Obviously you still do think about your Pacific Seacraft---you are still following the forum!
I will probably do the same. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the change, as I expect we will be. There will be a steep learning curve for us--but that's exciting!
Paul

Paul - indeed, I still follow this forum.

Speaking of forums - you might try the Yahoo Group for Valiant owners here:

Yahoo Groups

You have to ask for membership, but there's good info there.

There's also a member Matt Holmes, who did a nice job refitting his older Valiant and documenting everything here:

Maintenance Log for Syzygy

gonesail 03-07-2014 05:58 AM

greetings:

is this crealock 31 still for sale by owner? please advise on how to get more info and pics. thanks.

okapi3 03-07-2014 11:27 AM

Yes, in fact she is still available for sale by owner. Have had two interested parties but no commitments. In May, if she is not already sold, I will move her up to Annapolis to be sold through a broker. I will send you a PM with more info.
Paul

Sveddy 08-05-2014 07:57 PM

Did this 31 ever sell?

AlLorman 08-07-2014 10:17 AM

I have a 31 for sale here: 1990 Pacific Seacraft - - Crealock design Sail Boat For Sale -