Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2014

muttskie is on a distinguished road
Trade up/down feeler

Ahoy all,
I am thinking about trading up my 1990 PSC Dana to a PSC34 or a PSC37. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this?
I'm on the West Coast. Anyone with a 34 or a 37 considering downsizing? I'm looking for a 1990 or newer boat.
My boat is very nice, with considerable upgrades, and is in excellent condition.

Last edited by muttskie; 01-25-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-27-2014

bjung is on a distinguished road
Re: Trade up/down feeler

Find a boat on YW you like, and check with the broker if the owner would trade. Quite often, they will consider it, if it means getting a good part of the asking price. Also, the PSC market is totally saturated at the moment, and no boats are moving.
I think you are better off listing your Dana (they are always in demand!).
Old 01-27-2014

Hush34 is on a distinguished road

You are always better to sell outright. We just purchased a PSC 34 in Savannah, Ga and are thrilled with it. Thought about the PSC 37 but the added expenses of the larger boat pushed us away. Totally thrilled with our new boat.
Old 01-28-2014

Thank you both for your input. It makes sense. And I appreciate the comment about the nature of the marketplace as it is now. Very interesting.
Old 02-07-2014

Quanyin,
I'm unable to send a you PM, due to my newness posting on this forum. I am not able to afford such a boat, though it is quite beautiful. If you might wish information about my boat in the future, pm me with an email address.
Thanks
Bill
Old 02-07-2014

barefootnavigator is on a distinguished road

Call Max Heller at Seacraft Yachts in Seattle, he is bar none the best broker on the West Coast.
PS you will regret selling your Dana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2014

cheoah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttskie View Post
Ahoy all,
I am thinking about trading up my 1990 PSC Dana to a PSC34 or a PSC37. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this?
I'm on the West Coast. Anyone with a 34 or a 37 considering downsizing? I'm looking for a 1990 or newer boat.
My boat is very nice, with considerable upgrades, and is in excellent condition.
Hi Muttskie, I just looked on Yacht World, and there are quite a few of the larger boats on the market, as others have suggested. Only a couple of the Dana's. Looks like a good opportunity to cash in on the Dana and take your pick on the 34/37.

The 34 is an awesome single handing platform and perfect for me and my wife too. Our 15/19 year olds can fit too on a well engineered short cruise.

Try selling your Dana yourself, if they are that much in demand. I paid about 60k for my 34, similar or less than some 24's are listed for. Mine is an 88 purchased with 4500 hours on the motor and zero electronics, but has seen far better maintenance than many of the boats out there. Fortunately that was lost on several buyers and I ended up with it. I still treasure the extensive maintenance records, listing every single item replaced, repaired or serviced, all written in the tiny, precise handwriting of the german engineer owner. I like the 24 and all, but as far as price, value and capability I'm not sure I understand why they fetch so much compared to say, the 34. Maybe there is something about the design and manufacturing that increases their value - or are they just rarer?

At any rate, I hope you sell your boat easily and get a nice 34 or 37. Only thing mine lacks, to make it a perfect boat, is a tiller. One day....
Old 03-10-2014

Hi Cheoah,
Yes, I have been paying close attention to the PS market. I, fortunately, don't have to sell my Dana to be able to pursue another boat, though I will sell it, if I buy another boat.
I have looked at 34s and 37s up close now, and am leaning toward the 37 due to the larger size. The primary reason I am considering upsizing is I am too big for my Dana. I'm 6 feet in socks and I just cant sleep comfortably on her. Otherwise she is superb.
Thanks for your comments. I have read this forum, along with your posts, thoroughly and have learned a great amount.
Bill