looking for info or ride on crealock 34 - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheoah

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-12-2015 Thread Starter
temporary dirt dweller

looking for info or ride on crealock 34

in the clearwater .. st. pete area. the gulf waters are not known for strong winds but we do have plenty of steady 10 to 12 knot breezes (rarely exceeding 25 knots) plus unlimited beautiful sunsets my question is: does anyone sail the 34 in this area and how is that working out for you? i am in the market for a boat and want something i can single hand and can handle offshore conditions as needed. the 34 seems perfect for me but i wonder if it is suited for these waters? i like the crealock 31 design as well
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-12-2015

Re: looking for info or ride on crealock 34

Start hanging out at the local marina, Sooner or later good things will come to you!...Dale

Reluctant Lady
Cal 28, 1967
Lake Superior
Where God got it done!
post #3 of 6 Old 05-13-2015 Thread Starter
temporary dirt dweller

can't hang out at the marina docks anymore .. they're all locked up tight. at least they are in Florida.
post #4 of 6 Old 05-13-2015

I bought mine in Charlotte Harbor just south of you and sailed home to NC. It didn't have a depth sounder but I stayed off the bottom through shallow waters with that shoal draft. 4' and some change makes it easy to go where you want.

I think with a Genoa and another light air sail you would enjoy the boat. I sure like mine. It feels like a small boat in a seaway, it's only 7 tons, so it's plenty lively.

You're situated in a good place to do some fun cruising. That boat is perfectly suited to passagemaking in the gulf area.

It's a nice size for single handing. Need some boat handling skills at the dock/lock but otherwise a dream. I'm perfectly happy with another one or two on board but I love having it to myself too. The helm is nicely balanced, decks are well laid out with high bulwarks. I bought mine for sailing alone, because crew is uncertain, and I want to go wherever and whenever I want.

You can set up good shade, install a cockpit shower, and would benefit from the cross breeze with hatches and badass port lights.

Good luck checking one out, but as a fallback you can pick one out, crawl around on it, make n offer, then sail it

You would want a windlass, and personally I find the ergonomics irritating with a wheel. I can't wait to convert mine to tiller. The helm is so light and cockpit would be perfect w a stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
34crealock likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-14-2015 Thread Starter
temporary dirt dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
Good luck checking one out, but as a fallback you can pick one out, crawl around on it, make n offer, then sail it
sounds like a plan. i like the shoal draft for the gulf since i tend to poke around near shore too. i am totally impressed with the removable fuel tank on the 34. also important is the balanced helm which you have affirmed for me. thanks for the feedback
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-2015

My 34 is on the East Coast of Central Fl...not the Gulf but would be willing to show her off.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.