Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
PSC News, P38 & Crealock 60 Ketch!
I have been following some of the threads here, on the demise of the 377, the new P38 and the various concerns & speculation regarding the new management changes etc. I have been uneasy with the lack of any information and general stagnation of the PSC website. So I vented my frustration last week by sending an obnoxious little hate mail to the company's general mailbox.
I am very happy to report that PSC's response was extremely prompt and professional. They seem keenly aware of the issues, but beeing extremely busy with restructuring and turning the company around, naturally, production and sales have received higher priority than public relations.
- the production line is full again; no cause to speculate about the company's future. PSC has been hiring every capable craftsman they can get their hands on.
- The C377 was simply "not viable" commercially
- I tried to attach schematics of the new P38, but at the limits of this forum they would be tiny - email me if you want them
- there will be a new website soon, synergised with the Saga one.
- Bill Crealock was commissioned to design a new 60! Details will be made public soon (on the new site?), but I was told that hull#1 will be a ketch!
In general, I was very impressed with how "together" they sounded. It may take a few months to get over the indigestion of the merger etc. but this definitely looks like a good group of people to lead this company forward.
That's my happy report..
Niko, SARANDIS 54380, VARC 7 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Να μας πάρεις μακριά, να μας πας στα πέρα μέρη
φύσα θάλασσα πλατιά, φύσα αγέρι φύσα αγέρι
~ Διονύσης Σαββόπουλος
Last edited by niko; 02-22-2007 at 02:17 PM.