Ok PSC Sailors,
All hands on Deck! "HA!"
Here is the completed list from this off-season to do list.
1. Clean, wax and buff the hull
2. Install loudhailer/forhorn on coachtop
3. Install Stereo/w/Bose speakers and shielded antenna wire
4. Install 40K btu hotwater furnace (install not for the faint of heart!)
5. Bench test (passed) and Install temp/water/gas alarm
6. Reair and wash sails
7. Install white/red LED lighting in v-berth
8. Provide a permanent lockout for the head thru hull. (USCG requirement for great lakes)
9. Add locker shelving.
10. Install 36" Forespar Track on mast for whisker pole
11. Route additional haylard for whisker pole
12. Attach Forespar Static Dissipator on the mast truck.
13. Replace refer thermostat
14. Replace Impeller (this was a big surprise...what a thoughtless yanmar design)
15. Clean both diesel fuel tanks. Renew gasget material. Test fuel sending units. Pass.
16. Replace deck wash down pump, reseal head sink basin with a rubber gasget instead of coupious ammounts of silicone that PSC does. The silicone makes for miserable removal of the sink basin which I needed to do to gain access for the wash down pump.
17. Flush and replace engine coolant
18. Bench test XM WxWorx for signal strength and compatability with Maptech on a Compaq laptop. Pass.
19. Replace port hauspipe cover
20. Work with canvas shop designing windlass cover and install
21. Insert plastic window in bimini
22. Measure and inspect ground tackle
23. Install red LED fixture above 110/12 volt distribution panel
24. Repalce broken barrell lock on LPG locker door
25. Repaint forward starboard engine mount
26. Replace B&G Depth Control Head
27. Refinish interior teak
28. Install Whisker Pole
29. Remove, wire wheel, lubricate, and reinstall rudder gudgeon
30. Install XM Weather Radio Antenna on coachtop
31. Replace 2 broken cabinet door pulls.
32. Identify and label direction of flow for all rubber hoses over 1/2" aboard.
33. Redo external brightwork with Sikkens Cetol.
34. Rebuild teak frame and replace scratched lexan protecting cockpit instrument engine control panel.
35. Attach Forespar steaming/deck light stainless guard to mast.
36. Attach Forespar whisker pole chock to mast.
37. Fit whisker pole to mast using chock, car on adjustable track, and haylard
38. Apply for MMSI number for the DSC VHF
39. Replace house gel cell battery. Original failed after 3 months of heavy use. Waranty covered.
40. Bottom Paint
41. Add 2 quick connect 12 volt connections to the inside helm.
42. Order new B&G Mast Truck wind sensor
43. Install WxWorx receiver at inside helm
44. Replace mainsail reef lines
45. Restock supplies
Vessel has been launched and now it's time to enjoy the sailing season. We're homeward bound like a homesick angel.
How about anyone else? What have you done this season to your PSC's?
Below is the Heatercraft Furnace that sits under the quarterberth inside of the pilothouse.
Below are the 2-2way valves that control the direction of flow from either the engine to the heater heat exchanger or to the potable hot water heater heat exchanager. Because they are ball valves they can be set to flow to both at the same time if desired.
Below the hull getting some attention
Below the radio install below the inside helm
Below is the thru hull head discharge lockout
Whisker Pole attached to Mast