Join Date: Oct 2006
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 8
The screens on our Tartan 37 are from Beckson.
After learning what the cost of Beckson replacement screen would cost...$18.00 each, I did it myself, using the old frames. It was so easy, but I am not familiar with yours, but what I did...
- Purchased screen material & glue from hardware store
- Removed the rubber gasket from the port which exposed the plastic frame for the screen.
- Removed the screen, cleaned the frame.
- Glued screen material to the top only of each frame and let it dry.
- Then stretched the screen to the opposite side and clamped and glued
- Repeated on the remaining two sides.
Looks great, just like the replacement screen, at a cost of about $10.00 total
Tartan 37 - S/V Windgeist
Sailing the Chesapeake Bay
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Photo by Joe McCary