Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Sapper,

The group that bought the Dana is called Seacraft Yacht Sales, out of Seattle. They are a longtime PSC dealer, and Najad too I think. I don't know where they plan to build the boat. Maybe they intend to subcontract? With CGM? Let me know what you find out...
John, you were right. I had myself mixed up somehow. I have to read back through more posts on the Yahoo Dana group to get better details. However, just like some of the info flying around here, you have to be objective and know that it comes from second hand sources.
Old 12-20-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperwhite View Post
John, you were right. I had myself mixed up somehow. I have to read back through more posts on the Yahoo Dana group to get better details. However, just like some of the info flying around here, you have to be objective and know that it comes from second hand sources.
That's for sure. A good example is an earlier post to this thread relating erroneous internet gossip concerning the Flicka. I'm not faulting Shoaldrafter, just pointing out the amount of misinformation circulating.

But just as a point of clarification, in the case of my info, it is first hand. The new owners contacted me to solicit input regarding suggested improvements to the Dana, so I've had direct correspondence with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-20-2007
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
That's for sure. A good example is an earlier post to this thread relating erroneous internet gossip concerning the Flicka. I'm not faulting Shoaldrafter, just pointing out the amount of misinformation circulating.

But just as a point of clarification, in the case of my info, it is first hand. The new owners contacted me to solicit input regarding suggested improvements to the Dana, so I've had direct correspondence with them.
Thats good to hear. It's my understanding that PSC (under Poole) wouldn't concider owner input on even simple things like moving the faucet in the head, something that would only take drilling the holes in a different spot.

As far as info goes, I think it'd be best to wait and see what Brodie does rather than speculate.

Also, Cape George already has the FCC and BCC listed on its site under the models list.
Old 07-17-2008

LittleWingCA is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys:
I sent an email to Pacific Seacraft in NC on 7/17/08 with an Orion 27 question about the secondary water tank in the bow, and they confirmed in the answer that they have the Orion 27 molds there. They also have the Flicka molds as I read that online. The Dana27 molds went to the Pacific Northwest and I saw an anouncement a few months back that the company that bought them produced their first hull, and had pictures on their website. It looks like production of the PSC34 has started up since CarolinaWind.com, who is a broker for PSC in the same area as the new factory has an anouncement on their website that they have sold the first PSC34 from the new NC factory.
Old 07-18-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
LittleWing...I think the psc34 was a partially completed hull that they finished out.
Old 07-18-2008

LittleWingCA is on a distinguished road
I believe you are probably correct. There were a number of finished and partially finished hulls in the auction, so this might have just required finishing. It is a start.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.