Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008

arisatx is on a distinguished road
PSC New Brochure

I was corresponding with Bart Giacalone at Cruising Yachts Inc. and learned that he has the new PSC brochure available on his site HERE.

It's good to see PSC update their marketing materials. Enjoy the read.
V42#186
s/v Little Wing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-12-2008
Not So Senior Member

Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about Sapperwhite has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Ted, I like to keep up on the latest from PSC. I've been in contact with Thumper regarding some parts and he says they are very active and receiving new orders. It looks like PSC is still true to its demographic.
Old 01-23-2009

billbalme is on a distinguished road
I found myself in North carolina this week on a business trip - with a couple hours to spare - so I called PSC and invited myself for a factory tour! Thumper was extrememly hospitable (unfortunately, Steve had made a good decision to go out toboganning with his kids in the rare NC snowfall so I didn't meet him).

They've certainly got a few logistical challenges ahead of them, but it was marvellous to see such an enthusiastic group that's so dedicated to the marque.

It was also great to be able to get aboard a brand new 37 and see how it differs from my old tub - not so much I'm pleased to say - but they have added a few nice bits here and there...

It's good to know that there's knowledgable help (and parts) available - and from such nice folks!

Rock and Roll Pacific Seacraft!

Bill Balme
Toodle-oo!
PSC37 #148
Old 01-23-2009

Alannc44 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbalme View Post

It was also great to be able to get aboard a brand new 37 and see how it differs from my old tub - not so much I'm pleased to say - but they have added a few nice bits here and there...

It's good to know that there's knowledgable help (and parts) available - and from such nice folks!

Rock and Roll Pacific Seacraft!

Bill Balme
Toodle-oo!
PSC37 #148
Hey! That's my 37 footer you're touring ;-) Don't know if Thumper mentioned it, but I've put down some money on that particular one. I would be interested in hearing of anything materially different between yours and *mine.

They do have a nice factory. Did you notice the water out back? Would be cool if they could work out a partnership with a new neighbor (dry dock service) and dredge the channel so we could pull right up to the factory.

Too bad you weren't able to meet Steve too. He is a very nice, and smart guy.

Looking towards March to pay off what's left to owe on the boat. At least I'm getting a free dry dock service for the winter.

Alan
(fiance's name is Jenny. Was thinking ' Kon-Jenny-Al ')
Old 01-24-2009

Hi Alan,

Yes, Thumper mentionned you as the new owner - hope you don't mind me traispsing around KonJennyAl (great name!)

Not a lot of difference between the boats - nothing major anyway... You opted for lots of teak - good luck to you on that! We have realively minor teak and it's still waay too much!

I think the galley is better than ours with undermount sinks and fancy faucet. The added cupboard in the head will be useful (high up in the forward corner).
The wiring looks much better than on Toodle-oo! - I plan to do similar this year. I like the drop board storage in the starboard locker - and plan to copy that if I can.
I didn't stay long on the boat - it was late in the day and I had my boss with me. (Fortunately, Thumper was very well behaved and made no mention of our planned circumnavigation in front of the boss!!!)

Good luck with the new boat - she's a beauty.

Bill
Old 01-24-2009

Alannc44 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbalme View Post
Hi Alan,

Yes, Thumper mentionned you as the new owner - hope you don't mind me traispsing around KonJennyAl (great name!)

Not a lot of difference between the boats - nothing major anyway... You opted for lots of teak - good luck to you on that! We have realively minor teak and it's still waay too much!

I think the galley is better than ours with undermount sinks and fancy faucet. The added cupboard in the head will be useful (high up in the forward corner).
The wiring looks much better than on Toodle-oo! - I plan to do similar this year. I like the drop board storage in the starboard locker - and plan to copy that if I can.
I didn't stay long on the boat - it was late in the day and I had my boss with me. (Fortunately, Thumper was very well behaved and made no mention of our planned circumnavigation in front of the boss!!!)

Good luck with the new boat - she's a beauty.

Bill
Circumnavigation? WoW ! Do tell! About the only thing we can plan for right now is Bermuda and The Bahamas. Perhaps in 10 years or so....

Where do you sail ?

I'll be keeping mine on Pamlico Sound for a year, with jaunts to Wilmington, NC and Charleston, SC for practice.

I saw one of the low maintainance 40 footers at the local pier. Thought about it, but stuck with the teak. I don't mind the extra care on the rails.

Alan
Old 01-24-2009

Hope is to take off in 2012 - though considering moving up to 2011 depending upon economics. Had a failed attempt a couple of years ago - had house sold, but then buyer's wife got sick, we let them out of the deal and a week later the housing market fell apart! Enjoying the house still! (Probably all for the better since we've only been sailing since 2004 - and the experience we've gained since has been great.)

Planned route (version 42c at least) US - Azores - UK - Portugal - Brazil - Argentina - Chile - Polynesia - New Zealand - Oz - Phillipines - India - Africa Caribbean... Now developing 43 to take in Scandinavia! Planning 10 - 15 years.

Went to Bermuda 2 years ago - great fun. 6 days there, got lost on the way back so it took 9!

Sailing up in MA - Mattapoisett - easy access to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket... If you decide to venture up here, please look us up - would like to see that beauty on the water!

Nuff ramblin'

Bill

PS: Anyone seen the 37 on the cover of Ocean Navigator Magazine? Nice!