SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   Visit to new factory last week (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/52778-visit-new-factory-last-week.html)

orientalnc2010 03-24-2009 08:17 PM

Visit to new factory last week

My wife and I spent a week in Oriental NC recently on vac. While in the area we made a trip to little Washington to visit the new factory. Thumper spent 1/2 the morning with us showing us all around, visiting the hulls under construction and some of the completed boats. Best of all was to meet everyone and see first hand how passionate these folks are about their boats. They are planning on expanding at their current location, a sure sign that they plan on being around for a while. Steve Brodie was very gracious and offered to help us with any issues that may arise with our boat even though it was one of the last completed hulls from Ca. Rita in the office also came from Ca, she made us feel at home and showed us all the paperwork for our hull. She added us to here list of names and owners, a list she is very familiar with.
"Kon Jen Al" was getting her last bit of detailing, we did take our shoes off before we took a quick peek at her Alan. She is going to turn a lot of heads at the docks in Washington.
There was a 40' waiting for a buyer and a 31 under construction. A 40' had just been repaired, from hurricane Ike, with a new teak caprail, hole repaired in hull and new gelcoat to topsides. She looked brand new. There was a new order for a 34 so this is good news.
It was fun touring the factory and just wanted to share the experience with "you all".

kaluvic 03-25-2009 02:46 AM

Sounds like fun...I've been a boat freak my whole life and have never been to a boat factory or a boat show?
Go figure!

Alannc44 03-25-2009 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by orientalnc2010 (Post 466036)
"Kon Jen Al" was getting her last bit of detailing, we did take our shoes off before we took a quick peek at her Alan. She is going to turn a lot of heads at the docks in Washington.
There was a 40' waiting for a buyer and a 31 under construction. A 40' had just been repaired, from hurricane Ike, with a new teak caprail, hole repaired in hull and new gelcoat to topsides. She looked brand new. There was a new order for a 34 so this is good news.
It was fun touring the factory and just wanted to share the experience with "you all".

Steve,

Glad you got to come aboard! Yep, Kon Jeni-AL is well on her way to becoming part of the in-water fleet. She was launched right after your visit and now has a mast. (as of Monday). I went down there this past weekend and asked David Norwood, owner of Carolina Wind Marina, and Thumper if I could motor her around some. She's not quite been cleared with the Yanmar people so I just putzed around the docks for a few minutes. It felt like Christmas fer sure.

I'm hoping to come back down in a couple of days when Yanmar does some trials. My Ullman sails arrive in another week, at which point I'm taking a week of vacation to sail her around some.

I must say, the little I drove her around the docks, she felt as nimble and easy to handle as my 19 foot Bayliner. (Well, not quite that much but still, very easy)

Now comes the shopping list: dinghy, life lines, etc.

kbyte 03-25-2009 09:58 AM

Beautiful boat!

Nice to see there are still some bright spots in the boat building industry.