SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   New PS 31 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/56167-new-ps-31-a.html)

FirstSightPS31 07-13-2009 03:30 PM

New PS 31

Hello to the PS community. I just purchased PS 31 Hull 128. The boat should go in the water end of the month. Getting canvas, sails, electronics, windlass installed.

Loved the boat when I first looked at it two years ago in Annapolis; can't wait to start sailing it!.

orientalnc2010 07-13-2009 06:18 PM

Hi Rod,
Congratulations on the purchase of your new PSC 31!:D Sounds like you are outfitting her nicely, she has beautiful lines and she will sail as good as she looks. Where is your home port?
My wife and I are totally enjoying our first season with our 31, we look forward to updates as you get closer to launching date. Best of luck!

SecondWindNC 07-13-2009 06:31 PM

Congrats!

What color scheme are you going with for the canvas? (And the hull stripe; I've seen the boat at the factory but can't remember.)

Will First Sight be her name? If so, I like it.

FirstSightPS31 07-14-2009 01:57 PM

Steve:

Home port is Baltimore. The boat is more than the Chesapeake Bay would require, but at least I never need worry about the boat. Just me.

SecondWind: Canvas will be dark blue to match the cove stripe. Yes, First Sight is her name.

teejayevans 07-15-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstSightPS31 (Post 504976)
Hello to the PS community. I just purchased PS 31 Hull 128. The boat should go in the water end of the month. Getting canvas, sails, electronics, windlass installed.

Loved the boat when I first looked at it two years ago in Annapolis; can't wait to start sailing it!.

Congrats, post some pictures when you get a chance.

I was in Baltimore a year ago with my 31, nice place to visit, and some good
sailing.
Tom
Cielo Azul

FirstSightPS31 07-15-2009 04:52 PM

Tom: where do you keep Cielo Azul?

teejayevans 07-15-2009 06:27 PM

I was cruising at the time, spending most of my time on the hook.
I stayed at Inner Harbor Marina for a couple of days while I toured
the city.
Tom

ralopata 07-16-2009 08:07 AM

Congratulations on First Sight and welcome to the community.

When we're not cruising, we keep JUNO (PSC 40 -- #46) just across the Bay at Haven Harbour in Rock Hall. Give us a shout or stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

Chesapeake Bay PSC owners had a rendezvous a few years ago, but the group has been quiet lately...but you never know.

Roger & Cynthia Lopata
JUNO

mcgray 07-26-2009 09:05 PM

Welcome, welcome

And a big congradulation. I have had #56 for about 8 years now, second owner,and consider it one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Great boat, so easy to handle and takes the weather like a sitting gull. I have found this list to be invaluable in learning about the boat and about the improvements that folks have made over the years.

You will find that people stop you all the time asking you about your boat. Not just at the dock but coming up close underway wanting to know what kind of boat she is and how beautiful. I must admit that I really like that.

okapi3 08-10-2009 05:05 PM

First Sight,

Congratulations and welcome to the Chesapeake PSC gang. I keep my '88 PSC 31, Hull#9, in Solomons and sail her in the Bay and beyond. Last week a 2006 PSC31, Bella Luna, sailed into Solomons and may be staying there-the owner said he sails her exclusively in the Chesapeake. I get lots of compliments on my good old boat so you will certainly get lots on your new one. Great,well-designed, seaworthy boat. Hope to see you at the PSC Rendezvous in Sept.

Paul