SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   Pacific Seacraft customer service (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/60339-pacific-seacraft-customer-service.html)

fishtrip 12-06-2009 09:05 AM

Pacific Seacraft customer service

Hello All...... (and especially any of you on this forum thinking about purchasing a Pacific Seacraft),

Most of us on this site either own or are thinking about buying a PSC, so I won't bother reiterating what a quality built boat they are, or their sea keeping ability, since you obviously know that already.
However, I know that there were some issues about support in the final days of PSC's days in California.
I want to relate a story about Pacific Seacraft's customer Service and support in the new incarnation with Steve Brode at the wheel in North Carolina......

Since buying Cloud Messenger I had contacted PSC and spoken to Thumper a few times about things like screens and gasket material for my portlights. Always helpful and cheery, Thumper directed me to sources for the things I needed.
Fast Forward to about two weeks ago when I had an unfortunate run-in with a channel marker on the ICW...... Don't ask, I'm still kicking myself about it!!!!
Luckily, it wasn't head on, but a glancing blow about 3 feet aft of the bow shattering the cap rail, BUT DOING NO OTHER DAMAGE, this is one tough boat!
I digress....... I called Thumper and told him what had happened, asked him if the cap rails on the new PSC's were still made with the same template as my 1994 and the asked if PSC could make me a new cap rail section..... FAST.
The template is the same and after checking with the production manager in the wood shop, Thumper called me back and said that they were going to stop production in the wood shop and run my cap rail immediately. Not only did they send me the new cap section, but also included: a template to route out the butterflies, new butterflies, new fastenings, and new bungs. Shipped it out next day air. All for a price much less than I could have had one made from scratch.
Thanks to Chris Webb at Webb Marine on Merritt Island (FL), the cap rail is now installed and is a perfect fit.
I hope this long post, will instill even more confidence in all of you who own a PSC, and further persuade any of you thinking about buying a PSC that you are making the right choice.
Again, my thanks to PSC and especially Thumper Brooks.

David Schachter
Cloud Messenger
PSC 37 #293
San Francisco, CA

Alannc44 12-07-2009 08:52 AM

Thumper and Steve have been incredibly helpful to me during my first year of ownershp of my boat. Naturally, since it's a new boat there have been some minor issues. Without hesitation Thumper and Steve were on anything that popped up. They even added an extra outlet/accessory plug for me at N/C this week

Knowing what I know now, and the follow up support I've been given, I wouldn't hesitate one second in recommending someone look at that brand new 40 footer in the factory if in the market for that sized boat.

What's so encouraging is that all the tradesmen Steve brought over from California are still with the company.

Alan
Kon Jeni-Al
http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/.../ppuser/157208
Washington, NC

BirdBrain333 12-07-2009 06:17 PM

During this, our first year owning an older (1985) PSC 37, I also have been very impressed with the customer service we have received. Despite being an older boat bought here in Maine, Thumper consistently gets back to me in very short order and often follows up just to make sure things are working out as we had discussed or to offer additional solutions. I am truly impressed and take great delight in telling others of our great satisfaction with the boat and with the company.

David, I hope you and the boat are now entirely over that unfortunate attack by the channel marker!

Jay, PSC 37, # 171, Kenlanu

orientalnc2010 12-08-2009 07:42 PM

I would like to share our personal experience with the new PSC of North Carolina.
My wife and I purchased one of the last completed hulls made in California before PSC closed up shop. We knew that we wanted to make some upgrades so we called the new factory for some help and spoke with Thumper about some projects. He was always responsive, helpful, courteous and he delivered what he promised. One project was gel coated Dorade boxes w/SS cowls, the other was a teak cockpit grating. Both custom projects with beautiful results delivered on time and on budget. We are currently working with Thumper on a windlass project.
We have made two trips to the factory and met Thumper, Steve Brodie and their wonderful office manager Rita. Thumper introduced us to some of the craftsmen that had relocated to NC, everyone made us feel like part of the family. Thumper has spent hours with us showing us around, knowing we were not in the market for a new boat, he is just passionate about these boats. We did not get to see Steve Brodie this past visit as he was attending the service to scatter the ashes of Gentleman Bill Crealock.
This year they are working hard on some remarkable refit and restoration projects with spectacular results. We also visited a new 34 at the docks ready for delivery to her new owners. She was outfitted to the nines and the detailing was impressive.
There is a new 2009 PSC 40 available at the factory that quickens my pulse when I think about her. She is being offered at a once in a lifetime price to make room for a new model. IMHO anyone who buys this boat or any other model will not be dissappointed with the service and attention they will receive.
I do not represent this company nor am I associated with it in any way, I am just passionate about these boats that they continue to build and support.