Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010

BMLipiec is on a distinguished road
We just had our boat shipped this summer to California from the Chesapeake Bay. Lewis Specialized Trucking, Inc did a great job. We couldn't have been happier with the service.
We were extrememly nervous about the whole evolution, but they delivered the boat on time and without a scratch. We highly recommend them.
Hull #281

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-04-2011
SearenitySail

mksailnet is on a distinguished road
Trucking Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesailor View Post
I am searching for a C-37 and I think I found what I want, located in Houston Texas. I am in the Chesapeake Bay. I am all wisted up trying to decide if I should ship it by land or have a Delivery captain bring it up. Expense, wear and tear on the boat, unforeseen expensive repairs,budget all have me wondering which way to go. What do you think?
brokesailor,
Don't know if you decided yet--just found this thread and figured I would add my two cents.

If you haven't decided whether to ship your boat yet, I found trucking to be expensive but hiring a delivery captain & crew to bring it from Seattle to NY was prohibitive.

Be aware that while there are a good many honest truckers (and I would like to believe most are), in this economy there are a LOT of scam artists trucking boats.

If you want some tips on hiring a trucker read my web page:
How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Hiring a Transporter to Haul Your Boat - Beware of Global Yacht Hauling Inc.

Some of the information was used in a Boat/US article earlier this year, which is linked on the web page. The page is part of a web site I created to expose Global Yacht Hauling, Inc. from Michigan. who I lost $7500 to. You can check the links on the left of the page; you can read stories from a number of innocent boaters who were also ripped off by Ed Perrin and Global Yacht Hauling.

Bottom line, I finally used Associated Boat Transport to haul my boat from Anacortes, WA to Baltimore (7 days) and was very pleased.

"People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -Dick Newick

Last edited by mksailnet; 01-04-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-13-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
There are issues with trucking as well as with delivering on own bottom. Rock chip damage, banging from pot-holes, break-ins enroute ... all can be distressing.

In my personal opinion, trucking is likely the least bad choice between the coasts of the US, but otherwise it is better to hire a crew or deliver yourself.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.