SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

HIN location

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  brokesailor 
#1 ·
I got my Md title back from DNR and even though the HIN on the application started with PCS the title came back PSC and then the number. Which one is correct, I'm away from the boat right now. Alsoo where is the HIN normally located on the Crealock 37?

#2 ·
Not sure about the PCS / PSC issue.

The boat manufacturer must display two identical hull identification numbers, no less than one-fourth of an inch high, on each boat hull. The primary HIN must be permanently affixed (so that it can be seen from outside the boat) to the starboard side of the transom within two inches of the top of the transom, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, whichever is lowest.

#3 ·
I believe PCS is correct. Our HIN also is a PCS number, and Maryland DNR used PCS on ours (and the Coast Guard also used PCS on the documentation...).

Perhaps somebody's fingers slipped inputting your data at DNR.

Roger Lopata
JUNO
PSC 40 -- #46 (or should that be PCS 40???)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.