What do you think about starting a Pacific Seacraft Owner's Association? - Page 3 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011

Cool Change is on a distinguished road
Seacurves, Yes I have come across that site before. there are a few blogs of interest but didnt find the owners list. That would be great!

Cool Change
PSC 31 #47
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-02-2011
Not Finished Yet

RainDog is on a distinguished road
I was supposed to do the owners list, but when my wife got sick I dropped the ball.
Pacific Seacraft 34 #142
Port Aransas, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-04-2011

Tullymars is on a distinguished road
Tully Mars, PSC34

I would be thrilled to participate in an Owners Association. Prior to owning my 34 I had a Flicka. The Flickas owner group and website are fantastic. I suggest reviewing their site at Home of the Flicka 20 Sailboat The nice thing with their setup is no matter where you sail, you can benefit from the collective knowledge of the group. Also, I would hope the group includes all PSC owners, the vessels are very similar
Old 10-04-2011

bobdugan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacurves View Post
I would be happy to participate in a PSC association and would also enjoy getting to know other Great Lakes PSC sailors. Always looking to compare notes!

A while back someone started this site up -- Pacific Seacraft Owners Website. There is a list of PSC owners here. Nonetheless, compared to sailnet.com the traffic is pretty low.
Yep. I created that site. The site has some web pages, a board, and a list of PS owner blogs... and hopefully at some point we'll get a list of PS owners.

Regarding the board... I agree that Sailnet is much more active. My intent was not to replace or subvert this great online community. I don't think I realized how active the Sailnet group was before I set up the pacificseacraftowners board... I probably should have waited and observed a little bit first. I saw a couple of problems with Sailnet though... photo uploads are challenging, the board is dominated by advertisements, and the search feature doesn't work very well. Plus I guess the spirit of the Sailnet board is that it serves lots of sailboat enthusiasts, not just PS owners. I wanted to set up something that was just for PS owners.

I guess what I'm hoping for someday is a place online where PS owners can go to chat, lookup information about PS boats, sell PS boats and gear, and generally strengthen the PS community.

I'd also like to see the community grow offline and face-to-face. I really enjoyed meeting PS owners in the Northeast during my first summer cruise in our PS34... and I'd like to continue to build on the friendship and shared interest around these amazing boats.

The question is how do we get this owners association started? My concrete idea is to have informal gathering of PS owners here in the Northeast sometime in the early winter. We can meet, swap stories, make new friends and plan some get togethers over the summer... maybe even a cruise or rendezvous. That's something fun to do during the cold winter months here in the Northeast.

Maybe this face to face component could be replicated in other regions of the country... it seems like there are a lot of PS owners in Southern California (that makes a lot of sense), for example.

I'm not sure how to find PS owners here in the Northeast... so I'm hoping that if you have a PS and you are interested in getting together this winter to talk about all things Pacific Seacraft... that you will send me a message. I'm happy to set something up.

Bob
Old 10-04-2011

robertc1952 is on a distinguished road
I take it that PS is a great sailboat to own...is that true?
Old 10-05-2011

steneck is on a distinguished road
One idea for getting things started might be to make a directory of current PS owners, their home port and whatever contact information they'd like to share. That could allow regional groups to start self-aggregating

Bob Steneck
PS 34 Alaria
Christmas Cove, Maine
Old 10-05-2011

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC
wsmurdoch is on a distinguished road
To get a (perhaps partial) list of Pacific Seacraft owners, enter Pacific Seacraft in the search field of

Boat, Yacht, Ship Owners List - Documented Vessel Data

Bill Murdoch
Old 10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmurdoch View Post
To get a (perhaps partial) list of Pacific Seacraft owners, enter Pacific Seacraft in the search field of

Boat, Yacht, Ship Owners List - Documented Vessel Data

Bill Murdoch
OK... that's pretty interesting. There are 755 documented PS vessels... that's a great start! Unfortunately the list doesn't show the registered address and hailing port of the vessel... but for $40 bucks I can get the complete list... interestingly I can also buy the same list from the USCG for $140 bucks.

Of course a less expedient, but better path would be to write program that just massages the records that come out of the coast guard database here.

Bob
Old 10-08-2011

steneck is on a distinguished road
The 755 documented vessels as well as the undocumented PSs would be daunting to hunt down. Perhaps we should start by attracting the community that uses this site and see if we branch out from there. I still think making a directory of interested folks would be a great first step.

Bob Steneck
Christmas Cove, ME
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by steneck View Post
The 755 documented vessels as well as the undocumented PSs would be daunting to hunt down. Perhaps we should start by attracting the community that uses this site and see if we branch out from there. I still think making a directory of interested folks would be a great first step.

Bob Steneck
Christmas Cove, ME
I think that this is a great idea Bob. I'd be happy to build this list by hand for now...

I'm trying to figure out the best way to disseminate the list to everyone. For now I'll send out periodic emails with updates to the list of owners. I'll organize the list by state.

Sooo.... if you all want to get this started just cut and paste this into a PM:

Boat name:
Boat model:
Hull#:
Date of manufacture:
Boat port:
Owner's name(s):
Owner's home address:
Owner's email address (I can't get this from the PM):

and I'll send you the list of other interested folks!

When giving me contact information you can:
- use the boards Private Message feature to send me a message (just click on my member name)
- send me an email directly -> bdugan@stonehill.edu
- post your contact info on this thread (try to avoid this though if you can if you want to keep your contact info private).

Bob

Last edited by bobdugan; 10-21-2011 at 10:06 AM.