Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pacific Seacraft
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011
Coastal Carolinas

Norstar is on a distinguished road
Hurricane Irene

Riding out the storm in Little River, SC. Good hurricane hole marina here in Coquina Harbor. Extra lines and fenders out and sails removed. Should be no problems here but concerned for our friends further north in the direct path. Be safe and stay low!!!

John S
PSC 34 #201
Norstar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2011

niftynickers is on a distinguished road
John,
Just spent 2 days stripping NiftyNickers of everything on deck.Its amazing how much STUFF a cruising boat accrues over the years.She's on the hard in NJ and the insurance is paid up.I finished prepping her today and as I walked away I said Via con Dios.I've done all that I could.6 years of cruising could be finished tomorrow thanks to Irene.
NJ is in the bullseye--Goodluck to us all.

Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139
Old 08-27-2011

teejayevans is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norstar View Post
Riding out the storm in Little River, SC. Good hurricane hole marina here in Coquina Harbor. Extra lines and fenders out and sails removed. Should be no problems here but concerned for our friends further north in the direct path. Be safe and stay low!!!

John S
PSC 34 #201
Norstar
Yes, if I remember correctly, there are condos on the North side that should provide excellant protection...how this will affect the LR inlet is another question.
Tom
PS31#111 Cielo Azul
Old 08-27-2011

ralopata is on a distinguished road
JUNO is on the hard in Rock Hall, MD, along with at least two other PSCs, GRACE and AISLING. Finished removing canvas, storm tying the main yesterday, and stowing stuff yesterday and headed for (we hope) higher and drier ground. During Isabel, the surge was high enough there to float some boats off their jack stands. Let's hope everyone catches a break with Irene (what is it with these I-named storms anyway?).

Safe wishes to all,

Roger Lopata
JUNO
PSC 40 -- #46
Old 08-30-2011

BluesHarp is on a distinguished road
My barometer here in New Bern, NC hit a new all time low. I had left the pointer at the low when the eye of Charlie went over our house in Calabash. It was 29.1 then. The new low we saw when the eye wall of Irene went over was 28.45 inches. I am going to leave the pointer there, and hope that I never see air pressure that low again!

Neal Schwartz
Bluesharp
PSC 34 #279
Old 08-30-2011

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC
wsmurdoch is on a distinguished road
We came down to New Bern August 16 from our home in Tennessee to spend a couple of weeks catching up on maintenance and sailing on the NC sounds. We were in Bath on the 23rd when it became obvious that Irene was coming, and we returned to Northwest Creek Marina. After doing all the usual preparations (including 13 docklines), we returned to the mountains leaving behind a marina that looked much like a writing spider's web. Sunday I drove back to New Bern to check on the boat. All was well. Nothing at all on the boat was damaged.

The barometer took a dive as the eye of the storm passed just to the east of the marina.

The water rose almost to the tops of the pilings in the marina handily beating the previous record water levels set by Ophelia, Floyd, Dennis, Isabell, and Fran.

The marina staff worked during the entire storm adjusting docklines and except for a few minor dings and scrapes I saw no other damage to the boats in the marina.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes
BluesHarp likes this.
Old 08-31-2011

stevemac00 is on a distinguished road
My PSC-31 Talisman is at the PSC factory in Washington. They are still without power but I talked to Thumper today and everyone is fine and they had no damage at the factory. Power should be restored today (Wednesday). Talisman is fine too as Thumper and the group had her secured. Here's a link to some photos. The downtown was flooded.

Beaufort County Now in Washington NC Ľ I'm Back Online, and fortunately still alive.
PSC 31 #84
Talisman
Old 09-02-2011

oceangirl is on a distinguished road
How is everyone?
Juno? Grace? Norstar?niftynivkers? East coast folks check in.
Erika

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~Ocean Girl~~
~~Mrs. Rain Dog~~
1989 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Hull# 142

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-02-2011
pc237

pc37howard is on a distinguished road
irene

go to the web sight [town dock] for pictures of the storm damage ,oriental nc
sailing capital of the world? alot of pacific seacraft on the pamlico
Old 09-02-2011

niftynickers is on a distinguished road
Irene

I,m happy to report that NiftyNickers was safely on the hard when Irene came to call.The water rose about 12 feet on the surge and then the wind switched and blew the water away.We are keeping NN in NJ this winter as my wife is still recuperating from her illness and doesnt feel well enough to cruise south this winter.In the spring we'll be off again hopefully.But wait here comes Katia!!
Holy mackeral Batman!another one!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.