SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   NiftyNickers is for sale (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/94770-niftynickers-sale.html)

niftynickers 12-07-2012 09:17 AM

NiftyNickers is for sale

We have sadly decided that our cruising days are finished.Age and health and the economy have finally caught up to us.Hurricane Sandy was the final straw so we are putting our trusty Crealock 37 on the market.She sustained some cosmetic damage (scratches and gouges) to the hull and damage to theteak toe rails at the stern on both sides.The stern pulpit is bent and must be replaced.Her hull,deck,mast,and propulsion are all good.We are hoping to sell her as is for a bargain price to someone with big dreams and a limited budget as we were 20 yrs ago.Perhaps then we could make an offer on that Orion27 in the previous post.

Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

hellosailor 12-07-2012 01:13 PM

Re: NiftyNickers is for sale

Nifty, why not post some pictures & an asking price, and get the ball rolling?

brokesailor 12-07-2012 06:22 PM

NiftyNickers is for sale

So sorry to hear. I always enjoyed your posts and pictures.

niftynickers 12-08-2012 11:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
NiftyNickers is a 1982-Crealock 37 hull #139-She has a 6 yr.old Beta 37.5 hp dieselwith a Sailor 3 blade prop.I'm unable to read the hour meter but my guess is in the 3000 hr. range.The chainplates were replaced 2 yrs. ago and all the shrouds (forestay,backstay,sidestays,inner forestay)in 2002.Compression post replaced with s/s tube in 02.She was on the hard when Sandy hit but was knocked over in a domino effect by a huge pwer yacht.She sat on her side for 2 weeks until the pile was cleared.She is a tiller boat and the rudder is now hard to turn-possibly a problem with the shoe on the bottom of the skeg.While on her side (starboard)the water tanks apparently leaked filling the starboard lazarette with fresh water and wetting the settee cushions.All have been dried and seem fine.The electrics are all fine with 4 AGM grp 31 batts in the house bank and an Optima AGM start battery.She has a Balmar 140 amp alternator for the hse bank and the engine 65 amp alt. for the start.Her equip list is extensive-for details call 732-331-6322.
I'd like to sell as is for $65k but will entertain offers.

Tempest 12-08-2012 09:36 PM

Nifty, where does she live?

niftynickers 12-09-2012 12:02 AM

Tempest,
Ironically NiftyNickers is in Morgan Marina and I think she is next to Tempest.
For the rest of you folks Morgan Marina is in Sayreville NJ.on Raritan Bay near PerthAmboy,NJ.

H3LlIoN 01-10-2013 01:45 AM

That's a pretty boat. Good luck with the sale.

svjobeth 01-12-2013 08:48 AM

Sorry to hear...I was in CT with Boat/US for the first two weeks after Sandy, then was sent down to the Mystic Islands and Long Beach Island areas for the remainder of my 'tour.' Good luck with the sale.

niftynickers 01-13-2013 01:41 AM

Thanks for all your good wishes-it tears my heart out to sell her but logically it is the right thing to do.We are not going to utilize her as she should be used.Sort of like having a range Rover to drive to the mall--doesnt make sense.I really believe that we are not owners of these boats but caretakers for the next generation of adventurers.She's much tougher than I am and will be blasting to windward long after I'm gone.Ready for the next adventure,

Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

BirdBrain333 01-28-2013 12:44 PM

Dear Chuck and Dianne. I can well understand your situation but still I am SO sorry to hear that Sandy was the straw .... Somebody will get a fabulous deal on a wonderful boat which we all know you have kept in wonderful condition.

Like others I always enjoyed and benefited from your posts here. I hope that you stay on the board even as NN finds a new home.

all the best, Jay

PSC 37, # 171, Kenlanu