SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Passport (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/passport/)
-   -   Anyone have a list of mailing list users? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/passport/45586-anyone-have-list-mailing-list-users.html)

labatt 08-01-2008 02:17 PM

Anyone have a list of mailing list users?

Now that Sailnet has turned off the e-mail forums without notifying anyone first, I'd like to reach out to all of the former users of the Passport list to figure out what to do. Is anyone else looking at this forum and do you have a list of e-mail addies?

mightyhorton 08-03-2008 11:51 PM

Have they actually taken down the email forum, or are they just working on it? There is such a treasure trove of information on that email forum...... it would be a shame if it was all lost.

Ian

labatt 08-04-2008 05:51 PM

Apparently, they've taken them down and moved them to the message board here. I agree about this being a shame - I liked the format (e-mail), the Passport list was an active community, and they just shut it off with no warning. I bet most people don't even know the lists have been shut down.

mightyhorton 08-05-2008 10:13 PM

I emailed the Sailnet headquarters (the Sailnet "contact us" link) asking what was going on and telling them how much we missed what was effectively a P40 knowledge-base and they wrote back saying "we were aware of the issue and were working on it". Sort of a terse reply but led me to believe that our email group may be down by accident. If a new group has to be formed, if Sailnet has taken all of our stuff permanently off line, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to form the new group at someplace like Yahoo Groups, an entity that is more in the business of hosting groups and not as likely to make a business decision to shut them down.

mightyhorton 08-13-2008 01:50 AM

Sailnet has posted all of the past Passport emails under the main menu item called Resources, Email List Archives

labatt 08-13-2008 03:32 PM

Yes, but I think we have now lost the one place that Passport owners used to congregate. We used to have at least a few messages a week, and now there are none. I know there were a few people on SailMail, so we've probably lost them forever. I wish I had a list of the people who were members of the list so we could look for another e-mail forum system to use. Some of our best contributors could only use email.

stiffwind 10-17-2008 10:31 PM

Passport owners

I am a new owner of a Passport and came across this thread about the status of a Passport owners online organization...could anyone give me an update about whether Sailnet provides for an owners link or section?

emagin 10-28-2008 05:59 PM

Here is some info, not sure how useful as I'm not a Passport owner
Owner's Association There is a mailman mailing list in there, bottom left
Owner Database List