Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pearson
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2014

Griz83 is on a distinguished road
Pearson 33-1 Test Sail?

Hi, I'm new here to SailNet, but have been sailing for over 25 years. I currently own a Tanzer 22, but am looking to move up. I'm quite familiar with Pearsons, as there are a large number at or near our yacht club (26, 26OD, 27, 28-2, 30, 303, 323, 10M, 35). Actually, there are two P-30s, one owned by my father. When he bought it about 15 years ago, I helped him do a fairly major refit. So, I'm pretty well versed in all things Pearson.

That said, I've always loved the lines, layout, etc. of the 33. It seems very practical for my needs of racing, cruising, overnights and day sailing on a relatively shallow lake. I'm speaking of the '70-'75 P-33, not the 10M or 33-2 from the late 80s. I think I have settled on looking for one in the next year or so. But, I've never sailed on one. I'd like to be able to test sail one (preferably a tiller) before I completely make up my mind. Going by the numbers and personal experience with other boats of similar size, she seems like a sweet sailing boat.

Now on to my request: I'll be attending the US Sailboat show in Annapolis this year with my wife. We'll be in the Annapolis area for a week in Mid-October. Does anyone have, or know of someone who has, a P-33-1 in the area that would be willing to allow us to tag along for an hour or so sail?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
p 33 , p-33 , p33 , pearson 33 , test sail