Pearson 28-2 Diner Table and Aft Cabin Door - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Pearson 28-2 Diner Table and Aft Cabin Door

Hello,

I am hopping someone can give some guidance on where I can find a suitable replacement for a Pearson 28-2 table and aft cabin door. I purchased o boat that did not come with either one. I will like to make the boat complete again but am having a difficult time tracking them down. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Danny
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago
ASA and PSIA Instructor

Re: Pearson 28-2 Diner Table and Aft Cabin Door

I also own that age Pearson and I do not think there's a chance of obtaining replacement parts unless you could find a totaled P28-2. You should join the Pearson Google group and ask these questions there.

You doubtlessly could have replacements fabricated by a woodworker but that would cost probably a 1/3 of what you paid for the boat...My advice is to put a hanging curtain in for the aft cabin and find a replacement table from an RV outlet. If your table legs are set up like mine, you can use this fitting upside down as your leg base on the traverses https://www.amazon.com/Russell-Edelb...table+leg+base

Certified...in several regards...
post #3 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago

The Pearson 28 was a popular boat with a lot of them being made. I have heard people mention on here that they have found parts for some of the more prolific boats by checking with large marinas that may have some junk boats rotting in the corner of their yard.

Sailboatdata.com shows that there was some form of a Pearson 28 made for 10 years.

It mentions that there were at least three different versions of the 28, mostly with exterior differences, but a few changes in the interior. I would guess that doors might have been the same. There might have been some versions with tables that folded down from the bulkhead and others with tables mounted up from the cabin sole.

If you spend any time in New England or on the northeast coast you could probably find some abandoned boats like yours in some of the larger marinas and boat yards. You might even be able to find what you're looking for with a number of phone calls.

I would bet that you could find a number of those boats sitting in yards anywhere from Portsmouth Rhode Island, North to Nova Scotia, and from Portsmouth South to the Carolinas.

A few people on here have posted photos of their project rebuilding their own table.

post #4 of 4 Old 1 Week Ago

When I started to enter the search term, "Pearson 28" to find out more about them the parts supplier, listed below, came up as a supplier of parts for Pearson boats. He has replacement ports, sliding hatch covers, vee-berth hatches, rub rails, and handrails for Pearsons of all sizes. He is not too far from where the boats were made and sounds like he could be a good source of information.

D & R Marine
14 Water St
Assonet, Ma

Ph 508 644-3001

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.