Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pearson
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2008
SkipperB

SkipperB is on a distinguished road
SailorMitch,

Thanks for the info and surprised there is nothing more established. Will check those out but use this one for now if it stays up.

SkipperB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-01-2008

merc2dogs is on a distinguished road
So what happened to the old pearson board here?

Ken.
Old 12-01-2008
SkipperB

SkipperB is on a distinguished road
Merc2dogs
I don't know. Really only been using this site for a couple of weeks although I joined a few months ago.
This seems as good a place as any. I have not checked out the Google or Yahoo ones as noted above. Really don't have time to be all over the place.
Maybe this one will stick and others will use it too.
Thanks.
Old 12-01-2008

norsearayder is on a distinguished road
hi all 32pearson 1979 iam sticking with this site .it has all the info if u look hard
Old 12-01-2008

merc2dogs is on a distinguished road
Agree, it's a good site, I've been here for a good long while.
I was just wondering where the old pearson forum went, there were a lot of posts there, I know I started a few threads myself and posted to many others, but they're not even showing up when I search for posts I've made.

Ken.
Old 12-02-2008

ne57301 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merc2dogs View Post
Agree, it's a good site, I've been here for a good long while.
I was just wondering where the old pearson forum went, there were a lot of posts there, I know I started a few threads myself and posted to many others, but they're not even showing up when I search for posts I've made.

Ken.
Yep, a bit of a loss there. What a shame.
Old 12-31-2008
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipperB View Post
Merc2dogs
I don't know. Really only been using this site for a couple of weeks although I joined a few months ago.
This seems as good a place as any. I have not checked out the Google or Yahoo ones as noted above. Really don't have time to be all over the place.
Maybe this one will stick and others will use it too.
Thanks.
Skipper, you can join the Yahoo and Google group email lists and the emails then magically appear in your inbox--no need to go all over the place after the initial visit to join. Unfortunately those 2 lists are the best game in town for us Pearsonites. Sailnet had the email list business all to themselves until they screwed it up because they couldn't afford to buy one new server.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Old 01-11-2009

cruisingmom is on a distinguished road
Pearson info

We love our Pearson 365 and cruised in it for over a year with our family of 5. Prior to that, we owned a Pearson 30, which sailed really well. It was just a little small for a year long cruise!
We are considering a 39-2 and wondering if there are any owners out there. It is a 1987 centerboard version. Any input would be helpful! Thanks
Old 01-12-2009
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Post What the ....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMitch View Post
... The "management" made a (bad) business decision to drop all the email lists and force people to this forum, and then they dropped the manufacturer specific forums. They wanted the server used for the email lists for other uses....

I hadn't realized that the entire Pearson thread was whacked!... It make me want to ...

There was a virtual gold mine of information here for Pearson owners, and prospective owners, like myself.

I specifically patronized SN (the business), and have encouraged others to do so, despite lower prices elsewhere, because; a - they supported the forums, and b - had the items I wanted in stock. Now I feel that some of the value of SN (the business and the site) has been diminished I imagine that Cam's recent experience with a particular manufacturer (begins with "T") may have had something to do with the decision.

This is still a lot of great info and people here in SN. I hope to continue to participate and add value where I can. It's too bad that SN is no longer the manufacturer resource that it once was.

Here is one way we can address this loss; There is a boatload of other good Pearson info out there. I only wish that I knew half of it... For those of you that would like some other sources of Pearson information, here are the ones that I use;
I encourage any others that may have good PEARSON specific resources to post links to them here.

- Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

Last edited by eherlihy; 01-12-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: removed specific names - I don't want any of you getting inflated egos ;)
Old 01-12-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post

I imagine that Cam's recent experience with a particular manufacturer (begins with "T") may have had something to do with the decision.

- Ed
Ed...I don't know what you mean by this comment. My decision to stop being a moderator had nothing to do with the mail lists and everything to do with not being willing to continue to support the Sailnet decision to remove my Tartan thread in the face of potential legal action. I have stated before that I bear SN no ill will for this decision but simply could no longer be associated with them as a volunteer given their decision.

I fully support their removal of the mail lists as they were COSTLY, little used and required administrative attention FAR beyond the small cost of the server. I am AWARE of the underlying details of the decision and the actual usage of the mail lists and the REAL costs and would have made the EXACT same decision myself if it were my business BUT ....they really screwed up on the implementation and the notice to members. As to Pearson...as I understand it...the loss of the archive was a human error that happened with no other brand and is indeed regrettable but people do make mistakes.

I hope that clarifies my opinions on this. Please advise if I have misunderstood your comment.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.