Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pearson
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009

triton227 is on a distinguished road
Triton thread

Well since this site dosn't have one, here it is.... post up all things triton, questons, pics, projects, you name it!

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-05-2009

NOLAsailing is on a distinguished road
They're great boats. I used to own hull # 218. I bought it as my first boat after a family friend was willing to sell it very cheap. It was also very rough. Over a couple of years (most of which it was also sailing), I recored and repainted it, replaced and renewed brightwork, painted the interior, overhauled the motor and many other small projects.

During Katrina, in 2005, an Islander 36 landed on starboard side of the boat. Otherwise, she would have made it through unscathed. Even with the Islander, she was the only boat on her pier to sail again. The Islander crushed the toerail and caused some other deck damage and snapped all of the stbd lines. However, it pinned the boat againt the port pilings and that, along with the one remaining port stern line (out of 10 lines set), kept the boat in the slip.

I repaired the deck damage, but never got to repainting the hull (the damage there was limited to the paint) as yard availability after storm was hard to get. I sold it and, shortly thereafter, bought my J/30 as I was ready to race my own boat after years of OPB.

I HIGHLY recommend (actually, I demand) that you register at the Plastic Classic Forum:

The Plastic Classic Forum :: Index

Storm damage to the hull (tough boats!)

cockpit:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-12-2009

starsailor49 is on a distinguished road
Amazingly tough boats, indeed. I joined a Triton partnership 11 years ago as a "sweat equity" partner for hull #512, Astarte. Like Jason, over those years recoring and repainting the foredeck and cabin top, refairing and repainting the hull after blister repair (yes, even 40 yr old boats got them) with barrier coat and ablative bottom paint, combined with new running rigging (all controls to cockpit), new sails and a boom vang added close to 2 knots of boat speed.We decided to keep the original Atomic 4 gasoline engine, and after a very intense cleaning, flushing and rebuilding fuel, oil, water pumps, and carburetor, new plugs and wires along with installation of an electronic ignition system, she runs like a dream. Posted some photos of the "new" old boat.

Dennis (still with Astarte, but now single owner of Unicorn, a Cavalier 36 sloop. That's another forum in and of its own!)

Imagination is more important than knowledge-Albert Einstein
Attached Thumbnails
Triton  thread-dingy-2001.jpg   Triton  thread-cabin-top-standing-running-rigging-setup.jpg   Triton  thread-racing2-07-06.jpg  

Last edited by starsailor49; 01-12-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Adding Quote and Photos
Old 07-15-2009

RobertSchuldenfrei is on a distinguished road
Post My father's triton #434

Hi Fans of the Triton,

During the 1960s my father owned #434. For a 10 minute multimedia presentation go to my website's home page (S. I. Inc.) and click on the link that says "sailing resume." The Triton part is in the middle.

I tried to post a picture of the boat but the "upload failed."

Cheers,

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

561/852-3340
3450 So. Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480
Old 07-17-2009
Pearson 31-2 #80 ('87)

Delirious is on a distinguished road
I've been keeping an eye on hull #1 currently going through renovation at Finger Lakes Sailing Service in Ithaca, NY.

Came really close to buying a yawl version . . . but THE ADMIRAL demanded more room.
Charlie P. P31-2 #80 CATNAP

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive - R.L. Stevenson

I suspect that, if you should go to the end of the world, you would find somebody there going farther . . . - H.D. Thoreau
Old 07-18-2009

RobertSchuldenfrei is on a distinguished road
Post Got pictures working. Triton #434

Hi Triton Fans,

I have figured out how to get a picture to display from my website. Here is my father's boat circa 1960. The picture was taken on Raritan Bay not far from the Raritan Yacht Club where we were members.

Cheers,

Bob

561/852-3340
3450 So. Ocean Blvd.
Palm Beach, FL 33480
Old 08-25-2009
Gelcoat Dust Magnet

Zers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Zers
Hi,

I'm the humble owner of Triton Hull # 194