Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Pearson
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2010

melusina32 is on a distinguished road
Pearson Window Glazing

I have a 1978 10m with fixed glass cabin windows, apparently common in Pearsons of that vintage. Wondering if anyone with similar model/vintage has the dimensions of the glazing for these windows (this is the silicone-ish gasket between the glass and frame).

Catalina sells what is supposed to be similar, but in a "kit" (=lots of other stuff I don't need or can get lots cheaper). Hoping to find something cheaper at McMaster-Carr, etc. Also trying to avoid disassembling the window (destroying what is left of current glazing) in an attempt to measure mine.

Thanks
Don
1978 P10m "Naiad"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-11-2010
O'day 26

joeybkcmo is on a distinguished road
Have you tried the folks at D & R marine?D & R Marine
They may be able to give you the dimensions, if not provide a replacement source. good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-11-2010

SeaFever2000 is on a distinguished road
Hi Don,

Greetings. I own a 1974 Pearson 10M Hull#43. I can't help you with the dimensions you need. However I am sure you are aware of Dan Pfeifer's 10M website. Although he has not been adding stuff to it recently it has a wealth of information including a project of removing and re-bedding the windows using the trim from CatalinaDirect.

Pearson Fixed Port Anatomy

I'd be interested in how your project turns out. Few months ago I applied silicon sealant to all my windows from the outside. So far it has been holding, but I think I may have to replace the trim for one of the aft windows.

Cheers.