SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Pearson 33 Rudder Shoe

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BCboy 
#1 ·
I am desperately looking for 1973 era Pearson 33 CB that is currently on the hard in upstate NY. The Rudder Shoe actually fell off the boat in 13 feet of very brown, water. It is gone. I need a replacement shoe or another P-33 to take measurements off so I can have a new one machined or cast. Since I lost mine, I have nothing even to work from to replace it. Does anyone know of a P-33 I could drive to and get some measurements from before it is launched for the summer in upstate NY? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Don
P-33 #184, 1973

#2 ·
I see you haven't had any takers, but hopefully you've had a private msg back or found some other way. I would be happy to take careful measurements and send them to you, but I don't plan to haul mine until next spring. Let me know if you still need them.
I have a P-33 hull number 180. Just 4 ahead of yours. My paperwork says the boat was built in 1971. Is that possible?

#3 ·
My boat is number 184 as mentioned and the registration says 1972 but my documentation says 1973. I don't know what year my boat is! Yours is probably 1971 or 2. Odd, if your boat was built late in 1971, then mine was built early in 1972 so the confusion about the date on the documentation is even stranger.
I found hull # 188 down in Rhode Island, drove down there and made a mold of his rudder shoe, then made a fiberglass part out of the mold and took it to a foundry. Just picked up the Silicon Bronze part this AM and now off to the metal shop for the final machining and then fitting it back on my boat. Almost there. Thanks for the offer of help. If you ever lose yours by some incredibly strange set of coincidences, I have a fiberglass one to use to make a new one. Probably the only one in existence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.