Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Provisioning
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: east coast provisioning stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySiegel View Post
It'll never stop amazing me how the people who never contributed a single update, a single review, or a single piece of information to the ActiveCaptain community are the ones who stand up and then protest how evil it all is.
Dude. Don't even get me started.

I had signed up with your site because of recommendations from people on this forum. And before I even got into using it, you came along and went supernova on some people on this forum. It was some of the lowest behavior I've seen on any forum anywhere.

Don't be amazed. Just clean up your act.
canucksailorguy likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 07-21-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-21-2013
Call me Ishmael

blowinstink is on a distinguished road

Jeff -
I don't ever argue with people on forums. I just don'tr think it is either worth my time or generally a productive use of the forums. There are simply far too many jack-assess like you who use the forums almost exclusively for such reasons. Is it really necessary to point out the irony in the fact that you constantly criticize the forums but you yourself represent the worst of them?

Quote:
You have 170 points which really isn't much. You never earned enough for a hat which is about the minimum level of normal user contribution.
I wouldn't wear an AC hat if you paid me. And that's what it is really all about isn't it, Jeff? I do find it interesting that you are an elitist even with regard to the membership on your own site. Maybe you can explain the worth of the various participation levels to your membership in one of your endless "newsletters". I don't think you are really contributing to sailnet by justifying your AC predjudices here.

Quote:
Just like this thread, I respond when others raise ActiveCaptain questions or issues. I never start them.
"Just like this thread" -- great example. You took this thread -- which was not about AC and turn the discussion to AC and rip the forums /claim AC should replace them. Just the other day you were in chat doing the same thing "the forums are dead - I would have helped save them but look at how you are all ruining them" was the thrust of your "constructive engagement". I don't begrudge you your opportunism Jeff. Go make your money and spend your time on something else. But if you come here to denegrate these communities for your own gain -- well then **** you ya know? And I too look forward to meeting you on the water and telling you that to your face. YOU are the one who is nasty and mean and self centered. I am among the many who are tired of it.

Quote:
I'd love to work with forums to make them better.
Please please please -- don't. Go away.

Quote:
...I'll see your $0.02 and raise you $10.00...
Exactly. Now **** off.
chef2sail likes this.
Old 07-21-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2gmtrans View Post
Kemah/ Clear Lake, Texas there is a West Marine right on the water there on Clear Lake, and pretty much everything else you need within walking distance. The lake has draft in it to take any sail boat in the channel.
+1.

It's definitely a well-stocked area with great marinas, great supplies, great entertainment, and chocolate-chip waffles at the Waffle House that my boys are addicted to!

Old 07-21-2013
Banned

JeffreySiegel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Don't be amazed. Just clean up your act.
So it's all about me? Really? OK, I get it. You don't like me because I attacked back after the 50th time of being harassed by the same couple of people who continued to throw personal mud at me. Everything I wrote was factual. But I get it. You don't like me.

This then means you don't use a product supported and created by a couple hundred thousand boaters?

Do you use this same level of owner/management review before you purchase other products?
Old 07-21-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinstink View Post
I don't ever argue with people on forums.
May it please the court to accept the above testimony. Sadly, the remaining content of the posting proves just the opposite. I'll waive the obvious purgery request.

Quote:
I wouldn't wear an AC hat if you paid me.
Your honor, has anyone shown an interest in paying Mr. blowinstink to wear any hat? I'd rather like knowing that you're not able to take advantage of the benefits boaters obtain from having it.

Quote:
"Just like this thread" -- great example. You took this thread -- which was not about AC and turn the discussion to AC and rip the forums /claim AC should replace them.
Your honor, may I direct you to actually read this thread from the beginning where someone raised the idea of using ActiveCaptain and Mr. smackdaddy then needed to bring up that he killed his ActiveCaptain account which was totally unrelated to the thread.

Quote:
And I too look forward to meeting you on the water and telling you that to your face. YOU are the one who is nasty and mean and self centered. I am among the many who are tired of it.

Please please please -- don't. Go away.

Exactly. Now **** off.
And with that lovely exchange your honor, the defense rests it's case. For Mr. blowinstink would never say any of those things to anyone in public. He's quite tough when hiding behind his keyboard.
Old 07-21-2013
Last Man Standing

Quote:
So it's all about me? Really? OK, I get it. You don't like me because I attacked back after the 50th time of being harassed by the same couple of people who continued to throw personal mud at me. Everything I wrote was factual. But I get it. You don't like me.

This then means you don't use a product supported and created by a couple hundred thousand boaters?

Do you use this same level of owner/management review before you purchase other products?
When you make it all about you. It's all about you.

Look, dude, I don't know you. So I can't say I don't "like" you as a person. I can unequivocally say, however, that I will stand amazed if you are not currently involved in a defamation suit based on what you posted in a public venue. It was so out of line it's stunning. And I could care less if it was 50 times or 1000 times you'd been "harassed". It was way beneath low. The fact that you would expend a single keystroke trying to defend it tells me all I need to know.

So yes, I consider these kinds of things when deciding where to direct my valuable time, money, and/or substantial global renown. I love and respect the thousands of boaters that support your site - but I'll never use or support your site.

You blew it.

In my initial post, I stated why I liked Xort's thread. Because it is a resource for good information apart from ActiveCaptain which had been mentioned and from which I pulled my membership. That's all I said. If that's chum in your waters - fine.

But just as I didn't respond to your private message when this all went down, I have no desire to keep going 'round with you now. You're not worth the time.

Old 07-21-2013
Last Man Standing

Xort,

As a suggestion for now, maybe you should grab the best info from each of the posts and paste it into the initial post. That way they're quickly available at the top.

Additionally, CD has been asking members for ideas on how to improve the site...maybe we can suggest this kind of info in a searchable database connected to the forum. Admin might be able to help. You're definitely onto something.

What do you think?
olddog60 likes this.

Old 07-21-2013

ebs001 is on a distinguished road

Jeffrey, say I am travelling down the ICW from Lake Worth to the Keys and along the way I want to provision. So I go unto Active Captain and I go through the new grocery filter and I scroll through the charts and finally I find Sunset Marina in Miami Beach has a Publix just around the corner. Exactly what I want and that's fine.

What Xort wants a list that tells that there is good provisioning available in the Sunset Isles area without having to employ a search.
Old 07-21-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I can unequivocally say, however, that I will stand amazed if you are not currently involved in a defamation suit based on what you posted in a public venue.
The truth is the ultimate defense.

There is no current suit at all. But I do enjoy amazing you.

Last edited by JeffreySiegel; 07-21-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs001 View Post
What Xort wants a list that tells that there is good provisioning available in the Sunset Isles area without having to employ a search.
What I'm saying is that you turn on the "grocery" filter (which does not exist today) and then only marinas with grocery capabilities show up. So you then zoom out and see the areas where there are grocery capabilities. That puts the location in perspective which is much better than seeing "Bernard, Maine" in a list and then having to look up where Bernard, Maine is located. Even better, it would allow you to overlay your routes and find areas where grocery was close to your route. And of course, keep on the anchorage markers too so you can also see where you can drop the hook and access the same groceries.