SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Has anybody tried the TCC Kitchen Machine?

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sarafinadh 
#1 ·
I have an old one in my house and in getting ready to cruise thought that something like this might be useful. Has anyone used them to know how well the would hold up?

Kitchen Center Products

#5 ·
We have one of those tiny Kitchenaid food processors. Works fine. You can get these small food processors for $10, although the Kitchenaid costs a little more. Uses very little power, this is what you have to watch out for on a boat. This and a coffee grinder do all our galey needs as far as chopping, pureeing etc. You have to remember you have all the time in the world when cruising, kneading bread dough is all done by hand. We bake all our own bread.

#6 ·
I would wonder how you would power that, even on shore power that thing looks like it would pull some serious power. Gluten free is tough. Have a friend that is tortured by his diet. When he was visiting from Sweden he sure enjoyed some lobster with butter, no gluten there! But beer, forget it. He did bring some really strange Swedish liquors.

Vasco the gluten free bread is not like regular dough it is not really kneaded the same way. More mixed and very wet like a batter. But bread is one of the reasons I was thinking I might put granite on the counters as it is not much square footage and is nice for baking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.