SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Provisioning (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/provisioning/)
-   -   Ice Cream Recipe (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/provisioning/7425-ice-cream-recipe.html)

twagg7 07-09-2003 09:47 AM

Ice Cream Recipe

just curious if anyone knows of some good bread recipes that would be good for making your own bread on board. I am good at cooking and BBQing but baking isn''t one of my strong points when it comes to breads. I didn''t know if a basic recipe would work on board as far as conveniences and so forth. PLEASE HELP!!!
I thank you for any responces :)

Stede 07-09-2003 10:09 AM

Ice Cream Recipe

Twagg7,

Take a look at this link. It might be what you''re looking for.

http://members.aol.com/destinyprojects/CS27_Imp_BmachinePresure.html

twagg7 07-09-2003 10:34 AM

Ice Cream Recipe

that site looks pretty good thank you soo much. by chance you know of any easy ways to make personal serving size ice cream. I know of the rolling in a can with rock salt and Ice. but I don''t know what ingrediants goes in to make the ice cream?? any suggestions?

Sasha_V 03-21-2004 08:24 PM

Ice Cream Recipe

Let me intoroduce you to the wonderful world of Australian DAMPER.

Super easy pot-bread.

Self raising flour, milk powder, salt and some butter. Mix all the dry ingredients into one-loaf sized portions and package.

Pull out the baggie of ingredients, dollop in some butter, add water (you can omit the salt and use a 90/10 fresh/salt water mix too. Stir it but do nto go nuts kneeding it.

throw it into an oiled pot and cook it slowly on a stove top orr in the oven.

Smells great, tastes great, does nto need time to prove and sit around.
(Can be made in the middle of the roughest bit of the last Melbourne-to-Osaka race in the ten minutes between coming off-watch and falling asleep)

Sasha
(you can find damper recipes on many many websites. find one that works for you)

admiral 03-22-2004 03:15 AM

Ice Cream Recipe

We are low carb eaters, so this ice cream recipe may have to be tweaked for fat/carb content. Try 1 cup cream, 3 T Splenda (artificial sweetener), 1/2 t vanilla extract. We use a double ziploc bag for the ingredients, then put it into a larger bag containing 3 cups of ice and 6 tablespoons of table salt. Seal the outer bag, and flip it around for about 5 minutes while you watch a video. If it is not set enough, drop it in the freezer for a few minutes (but not too long because it freezes really HARD). From the basic recipe you can experiment with fruits and other flavors.

dotcom 11-04-2004 12:19 PM

Ice Cream Recipe

Answer to request for the recipe for coffee can ice cream. Used to do this with Cub Scouts when I was a Den Leader many, many years ago.

1 cup cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips to taste

Mix and pour into a regular small coffee can that has been first washed and thoroughly dried. Place lid securely on top.

Place the filled small coffee can inside a large #10 coffee can (with lid). Pack ice and rock salt all around smaller can. Place lid securely on large can.

Let two children sit several feet apart on floor with legs spread. Have them roll the can back and forth for 15 minutes without stopping. They should wear gloves or oven mitts as the can will become very cold.

dotcom 11-04-2004 12:19 PM

Ice Cream Recipe

Answer to request for the recipe for coffee can ice cream. Used to do this with Cub Scouts when I was a Den Leader many, many years ago.

1 cup cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips to taste

Mix and pour into a regular small coffee can that has been first washed and thoroughly dried. Place lid securely on top.

Place the filled small coffee can inside a large #10 coffee can (with lid). Pack ice and rock salt all around smaller can. Place lid securely on large can.

Let two children sit several feet apart on floor with legs spread. Have them roll the can back and forth for 15 minutes without stopping. They should wear gloves or oven mitts as the can will become very cold.