Ok, I'll bite.. (that was a pun)..
- my Mum's recipe and something even I can cook. Suitable for those who might not normally be fond of either curry or Tuna so it works well on a boat with uncertain crew!
Below amount feeds 2. 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
1. Boil up some rice (that's one pot).
2. Whilst rice is boiling, in a second small saucepan, put one finely sliced and chopped meduim-sized brown onion with a little olive oil/cooking oil/marg/etc. - add a teaspoon of minced Ginger if you have it to hand - and cook with lid on
until soft (2-3mins) stirring occasionally. Don't burn the onions!
3. Reduce heat to a simmer, remove the lid, and add a level teaspoon of curry powder and a pinch or two of salt to the cooked onion. Add a small can of Tuna in brine (preferably) or springwater and stir in to the mix.
4. In a small jug mix a 1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 cup water.
5. When the rice is nearly ready, add a tablespoon of plain flour to the saucepan and gradually stir in the milk/water to a paste-like consistency. Cook over low heat for a few minutes, stirring regularly. If it gets too dry, add more milk/water.
6. On a bed of lettuce leaves, serve up the rice around the edges of each plate, add the curried tuna to the middle and a shake of pepper on top to taste.
Could also be served with veggies (peas, carrots, corn) instead of the lettuce if you like.
Particularly good for cold, wet nights in the cockpit. Enjoy!