SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Provisioning (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/provisioning/)
-   -   Cooking Bread in a Pressure Cooker (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/provisioning/78066-cooking-bread-pressure-cooker.html)

aeventyr60 08-29-2011 01:56 AM

Cooking Bread in a Pressure Cooker
 
Anybody got as recipe for cooking bread in a pressure cooker? Any tips on this as well?

Classic30 08-29-2011 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeventyr60 (Post 767254)
Anybody got as recipe for cooking bread in a pressure cooker? Any tips on this as well?

Could be just my ignorance ... but I would not have thought you could do it.

AFAIK, the usual bread-cooking implements include some kind of oven (at ambient pressure) - either the traditional gas-fired one or some kind of Dutch Oven on the stove-top. ;)

aeventyr60 08-29-2011 04:48 AM

I thought so too, except a local in Vanuatu brought some to our boat one day wanting to trade for some of my home brew. Was a good trade...

celenoglu 08-29-2011 09:51 AM

You will need:

Presure cooker
A small pot or a metal plate which fits inside your cooker.
A metal rack that will keep the pot or plate approx. 1 inches above the bottom of the cooker.

Prepeare the dough with the yeast, put it int the pot, make sure it has enough time to rise, hen cook.

Andyman 08-29-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celenoglu (Post 767338)
You will need:

Presure cooker
A small pot or a metal plate which fits inside your cooker.
A metal rack that will keep the pot or plate approx. 1 inches above the bottom of the cooker.

Prepeare the dough with the yeast, put it int the pot, make sure it has enough time to rise, hen cook.

What's a hen cook?:laugher

MobiusALilBitTwisted 08-29-2011 01:09 PM

its the timer

MobiusALilBitTwisted 08-29-2011 01:11 PM

i have been looking for this same info and will if needed get a larger cooker, i have a 2 liter now and would like to make bread as well, and other backing too.

this is a link i have seen and would like more info from people that have done this and are members here on sailnet.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy...n-a-pressure-/

Andyman 08-29-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aeventyr60 (Post 767254)
Anybody got as recipe for cooking bread in a pressure cooker? Any tips on this as well?

I Googled, "making bread in a pressure cooker" and got many hit. the first one was this.

Easy Bread Anywhere: "Baking" bread in a pressure-cooker

tdw 08-29-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hartley18 (Post 767274)
Could be just my ignorance ... but I would not have thought you could do it.

AFAIK, the usual bread-cooking implements include some kind of oven (at ambient pressure) - either the traditional gas-fired one or some kind of Dutch Oven on the stove-top. ;)

Hartley,

I havn't gone through the links as yet but I do know it is most assuredly possible to do.

My guess is that one would need to find a few tips and tricks re getting a good consistent quality.

I'm hoping we'll have pressure cooker onboard the Womboat very soon now. Bread is going to be one of the first projects.

Classic30 08-29-2011 08:14 PM

TD, it does indeed seem like it can be done in a fashion and the link in Mobius's post gives a good overview....but the soggy, sorry-looking clump of stuff that comes out at the end ain't bread as I know it! :eek:

I like my crusts crunchy!! :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012