Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Quickstep
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011

gbaratta is on a distinguished road
Help with a Quickstep 24!

I own a Quickstep 24 and I love having her in our family. She give all of us the best moments of summer and she kept us safe and happy everywhere we went. Recently we're sailing back home at low tide and unfortunately we hit a rock with the bottom of the boat. We rolled for few seconds then, with the help of the engine I took her away from the grip of the rock and take her back to the mooring.

Once on the mooring, I went down (diving) to check her condition after the event and find that the keel was almost untouched, but the rudder post went out of the bottom housing and got loose . All I can see now is that the rudder post that come out of the rudder bottom is to short to fit in the housing and that the housing below is a track instead of being just a hole for the post. For both of these reason, I am assuming, that the track is suppose to have some kind of metal gaffe or housing that allow the post to stay in it and get locked in there.

So since I know there are few quickstep owners in here, I hoping some of you could help in give me more information about this part and how to put back the rudder in place possible before the season is over. I thank you all in advance for your help and I wish a safe and sound sailing for the remaining of this season.

Thanks you! G

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------------------------------------------
I want to get up every day without repeating myself.

Last edited by gbaratta; 09-05-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-02-2011

gkaufman3228 is on a distinguished road
G: I worked for Quickstep in the late 80's. If you have not fixed it yet, send me some pictures when she is hauled and I will try to help.
Old 11-23-2011

Hey!!! Sorry for the late response, I was unable to enter the system because of an email change address. Let me know if you could still help in this matter, I would be very grateful and appreciative. I will go to the yard tomorrow and take some detailed pictures. In the meantime, I am sending you and your family my best wish for a great thanksgiving day!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-23-2011

Here are some pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkaufman3228 View Post
G: I worked for Quickstep in the late 80's. If you have not fixed it yet, send me some pictures when she is hauled and I will try to help.
Here are some pictures, let me know if they could help to give me some indications for the repair. thank you and happy holidays!!!

QuickStep 24 - a set on Flickr

Tags
quickstep , quickstep 24 , rudder post