SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Louis Vuitton Cup - Race 1

10K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  Omatako 
#1 ·
The first AC72 race but it was a one boat race...

#44 · (Edited)
You guys can take it any way you like.

My point was that he is the only name anyone outside the most engaged actually knows. Pretty sure that was Oma's point I was replying to.

C2S, you know you're on my ignore list. I only wish SN would wipe out anyone quoting you as well. If you enjoy policing each others post, we can go back to that. OTOH, I really don't have the time. The lie you told about showing my post to the Baltimore Commander was the final straw. I suggest you put me on your ignore list instead.

#45 · (Edited)
A lie unanswered can become he truth so I apologize to the others for the beginning of this

.Your true colors? Always with the personal dig Minnie. Can't help yourself can you. Absolutely not necessary or called for. Your statement is not relevant or even germane to the topic but you find it necessary to attack a me as a poster. Grow up.

BTW be mindful of calling someone a lliar, I did show your post to the CG Commander Sector Baltimore. The reason you put me on ignore was because I had the nerve to call you out about an unsafe practice you keep stubbornly defending when you were running dark in your dinghy through a mooring field and complained about a poor scared boater in another dinghy shining a spotlight on you. Imagine some telling the gr rest pilot he e was unsafe.

Back to the thread. Coutts has certainly painted himself by throwing in with Ellison and Team Oracle. To a proudly nationalistic country like NZ he went from knighthood to Darth Vadar in a few years. It's reflective of other sports like soccer, even basketball. But at least in those sports they represent their country of origin in the World Cup Olympics.

Because for many years the AC was such a race between countries through its history its understandable. Like many sports the loyalty lies with the money and corporate sponsor which is multinational and that's been a change in the AC

Coutts is still a brilliant helmsman, tactician, and leader. To mock him with inclusion on a list with the Seven Dwarfs and the 3 Stogges is just plain ignorant and wrong. Most of us wish we could be 1/10 the racer he is.

To say no one knows others like Paul Cayard, Ian Murry and James Cahill as an example just shows a lack of knowledge of the racing side of the sport.

#47 ·
A lie unanswered can become he truth so I apologize to the others for the beginning of this

.Your true colors? Always with the personal dig Minnie. Can't help yourself can you. Absolutely not necessary or called for. Your statement is not relevant or even germane to the topic but you find it necessary to attack a me as a poster. Grow up.
Chef, the way I see it from the posts above - you were the first to throw a stone based on his humorous post that had nothing to do with you. You really need to chill on the whole MinniCrusade. Otherwise, take it FightClub and work it out. I'm happy to turn the lights on.

And showing a post from a nicknamed persona on a forum to a CG Commander? Wow.

#52 ·
Mostly when pro athletes go where the money is nobody else really loses.

When the boys from ETNZ went to the dark side, they were going to earn not a great deal more than they had been but their country was going to lose a fortune.

As far as being proud, we have many sports people to be proud of with dozens of world class athletes competing is assorted sports around the world and from a total population half the size of the City of New York.

So whilst Coutts is a legend in his own lifetime, it's because of his newly acquired "win-at-all-costs" attitude that he's lost a lot of his shine back home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.