Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Racing
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012

obanarama is on a distinguished road
2011 Volvo Ocean Race

Yep, I'm playing it. Sailed the wrong direction for 12 hours - twice! Auto sails with auto angle on at the same time can do that I've learned. But other than that think it's very fun and a bit addicting. I'm loving the whole VOR experience.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-13-2012
72 C&C Corvette

CorvetteGuy is on a distinguished road
Re: 2011 Volvo Ocean Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Is anyone else around here playing the VOR game? It's really a lot of fun - and I'm actually learning a lot.
Rather addicting if you ask me, I've got the app on my phone. gotta stay on top of the race or an island can pop out of the blue and stop you in your tracks, wind changes also, tonnes of fun being had
Old 05-19-2012
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna

Was out in the water for the in port race here in Miami. Great race in nasty conditions. Puma did a great job in their come back in last place to 3rd.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 05-20-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Was out in the water for the in port race here in Miami. Great race in nasty conditions. Puma did a great job in their come back in last place to 3rd.
Hi Melrna,

Sorry for not have noticed your post but because I was talking alone on this thread, given the few people that are interested in this forum by any form of sail racing, I had given up on this thread.

As you know I have been posting about that and other interesting races on the interesting sailboat thread simply because it is the place where most of the guys that like fast sailboats and racing post, or look at.

I had replied to you there, since it seems that here, you like me, are talking alone

Regards

Paulo
Old 05-22-2012

armandolio is on a distinguished road

Paulo,
I was like most on this site, and not very interested in racing. That said, I was on the water watching the Miami in-port races and I must say I am developing a bit of an interest. Maybe you will have some company.

Melrna - if someone is looking for a rookie crew in South Florida I am in!
Old 05-22-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Hi Melrna,

Sorry for not have noticed your post but because I was talking alone on this thread, given the few people that are interested in this forum by any form of sail racing, I had given up on this thread.

As you know I have been posting about that and other interesting races on the interesting sailboat thread simply because it is the place where most of the guys that like fast sailboats and racing post, or look at.

I had replied to you there, since it seems that here, you like me, are talking alone

Regards

Paulo
Never give up my friend. Racing rules. Even if it's slow racing, it still rules. I know. I'm a slow ocean racer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 05-23-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough

Armandolio and Smack, thanks and you are more than well comed but as I have said, I am keeping the VOR alive in the interesting boat thread. Too much trouble keeping two threads alive when the participation is not much.

I know that Smack noticed this already but following Ocean races live, studying the weather report for several days, seeing what the options they take and laying what you think is "your" option is a great, amusing and fast way of learning how to interpret Grib (whether data) data and how to use it to navigate properly on an Ocean crossing.

Just for that following these races should raise a lot more interest on the ones that like sailing and want to learn how to navigate on a crossing. Lessons for free given by some of the world best navigators and most of the guys just don't have an interest in learning. That is hard to accept.

Regards

Paulo