Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Racing
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010

PCP will become famous soon enough
WOW!!!! look at Sam Davies! From 9th to First. Yesterday she was 60 miles away from the leader, today she is leading with 10 miles over the second and making almost 11k. She has the right course and she has good wind ahead. What a race!

Transat AG2R La Mondiale 2010

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-25-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Sam freakin' rocks. She must have finally taken the tiller from her boyfriend. Heh-heh.

Hey, PCP, set up a Global Regatta course for your area of Portugal. We don't yet have a course for the European continent. Portugal might as well lead the way...again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 04-25-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Yawn! stretch, as I wake up this lazy sunday morning, and whom shows up in the mess, but smacky!LOL

Sam is looking great, Jeanne is still in there, altho on my screen she is overlapped with a couple of others, so they must be shouting distance apart! or close enough to throw rocks at ea other.

Interesting shape up of events.

Marty
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Sam freakin' rocks. She must have finally taken the tiller from her boyfriend. Heh-heh.

Hey, PCP, set up a Global Regatta course for your area of Portugal. We don't yet have a course for the European continent. Portugal might as well lead the way...again!
Well, Portugal hosts some of the biggest sail events. We have two very good sailing spots: Cascais and the Barlavento Algarvio. We also have on the ocean solo racing series (Minis) one of the best racers: Francisco Lobato. The French magazine "Sea sail Surf" have elected him for two times as "Sailor of the year" (2008 and 2010), beating all the French and all other European. Well, he have also beaten everybody on the last Mini-transats

He is going to make this year some major races on the Figaro series.

I will have a look at that Global Regatta Concept.

Regards

Paulo
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
Sam is looking great, Jeanne is still in there, altho on my screen she is overlapped with a couple of others, so they must be shouting distance apart! or close enough to throw rocks at ea other.

Interesting shape up of events.

Marty
Yes, but I think that the ones to watch are the ones on the East, the ones that had made that detour to the Portuguese coast (Yann Elies and Nicolas Troussel). They are making almost 14K (2.5K better than Sam) and they have more wind ahead. I believe they are going to beat the 24h millage and are going to close on Sam. How much? It will be the question

I believe, not enough for a lead, but they will cut the distance in half. Good move!

Transat AG2R La Mondiale 2010

Paulo
Old 04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

...!
Hey Man, you are right!

Look at today's movie (click on Videos). First really nice movie: Sam's boat surfing (17/18K...and you are right...she is on the tiller

Site Officiel de la Transat AG2R LA MONDIALE 2010

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-25-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2010

The boats to the west, should head a bit east, but they seem to have a rhythm going, so that may not make as much sense as it should. Been 4 hrs since I looked, Jeanne is still about 18 miles behind sam, and the boat to the west is about the same too. but the boats to the east seem to be catching them with what appears to be about 4-5 more knots of wind, which allows another 1-2 knots of boat speed. Now to go look at video's and see what is there.

Marty
Old 04-26-2010

I wish I had some sort of scale on the map, other than degrees! oh well, Sam has lost about 2-3 miles on the folks behind, all are also narrowing in on the rhumb line to get around the island. It will be interesting to see what will occur between 11pm here, and about 7 am when I get up! They might be close to, or starting to go around the island!

marty
Old 04-26-2010

Marty,

Yes, nice movie. Sam says that she have done surfs at 17/18K

I was half right about those guys on the East. They have come down fast, but the guys from the lead were also fast, so in the end it was not a big gain.
Anyway, as I had forecast, Nicolas Troussel (one of those guys) beat by a large margin the race best millage on 24h: 293,8 miles. Thats an average of more than 12k - Not bad for a inexpensive 33ft boat

Jeanne and the two boat close by are closing on Sam. They seem to be a little faster. I believe they are super motivated: After the wins of a Portuguese in the last mini Transats, having an English woman leading on the Figaro Transat should piss a lot of Fench racing sailors ...and they are very good.

Yesterday Jeanne had stated for the press something like this (translation):

"Better say to Sam Davies to have attention to her rear mirrors. We are going to lose the heavy cavalry to catch her" And fact is that Jeanne is closing in

They all have to tack for passing between the two Islands. It is going to be the next interesting call. When is the right moment to do it?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-26-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2010

Marty,

Yes, nice movie. Sam says that she have done surfs at 17/18K

I was half right about those guys on the East. They have come down fast, but the guys from the lead were also fast, so in the end it was not a big gain.
Anyway, as I had forecast, Nicolas Troussel (one of those guys) beat by a large margin the race best millage on 24h: 293,8 miles. Thats an average of more than 12k - Not bad for a inexpensive 33ft boat

Jeanne and the two boat close by are closing on Sam. They seem to be a little faster. I believe they are super motivated: After the wins of a Portuguese in the last mini Transats, having an English woman leading on the Figaro Transat should piss a lot of Fench racing sailors ...and they are very good.

Yesterday Jeanne had stated for the press something like this (translation):

"Better say to Sam Davies to have attention to her rear mirrors. We are going to lose the heavy cavalry to catch her" And fact is that Jeanne is closing in

They all have to gibe for passing between the two Islands. It would be the next interesting call. When is the right moment to do it?

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.