SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Regatta de Amigos

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jephotog 
#1 ·
Okay - so I really want to do this race this coming summer. Can any of you Gulf sailors hook me up on someone's ride as crew?

I'm willing to drive down from Austin occasionally to work the boat in races if that's what it takes to prove that I don't completely suck.

I've got some connections that I'm working on my end, but thought I'd ask here too.

#3 ·
Smack, have you checked out GBCA Discussion Forum - Index? Right now everything is about the Harvest Moon Regatta but they will start looking for for Regatta de Amigos crew soon. I too would love to crew on a boat for the regatta.

#7 ·
We raced for 6 days, stayed in port 5 (I think) and 6 days back. Delayed in port (Aw Gee) by passing of hurricane Alex to our North. We left when Alex passed, but... Alex slowed after we departed so we bit off more that we wanted. Looking for the strong counter clockwise winds.
I did the Chicago Mac 2 weeks later and weather was so calm it was a cake walk. The single best sailing experience I've ever had....so far.
I think Lakewood YC hosts the "Run to the Border" on alternating years if you're looking to do some distance ocean racing...
You right Harvest Moon Regatta starts Thursday I can't wait!!

#8 ·
Hey Smack, it depends if you want to go on a fast boat or not. I am crewing on my first Harvest Moon Regatta aboard a Pacific Seacraft 37, so not fast. He want's to do the race to Mexico, and would need some more crew if we went with a spinnaker. Let me know if you are interested.

The boat is in great shape, and these are basically shakedowns for the boat. The skipper plans to start a circumnavigation late 2011.

Ralph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.