Beam 10 ft.
Draft 5 ft.
Disp. 8,000 lbs.
Ballast 3,450 lbs. lead
Sail area 459 sq. ft.
Thanks, Curt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2012

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: What class is my PHRF boat? A,B,C

The cut off ratings for PHRF Classes are established regionally and change from year to year, and even within some clubs or events vs regional authority. You need to find the rating for your boat, and then search for the rating cut offs for the races you wish to do.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
Old 06-28-2012

jsaronson is on a distinguished road

Ratings vary by region. The New England ratings are:
C+C 30 174
C+C 30-2 144

174 would be class C most places
Old 06-28-2012
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I am reading up on the net.
Not even close to ready to get a team together. But would love to learn the ropes. Maybe by the fall? Who knows. I got a good boat, who know maybe I can find an experianced leader that needs a boat.
Old 06-28-2012

Stumble is on a distinguished road

Itgo,

Your class will be dependent on the regatta. But with a 170ish don't expect to be above C very often. On the other hand if you were to go to KWRW you would be in start 11. So it really depends.
Old 06-28-2012

Tweegs is on a distinguished road

For boats without an official, measured rating, our club uses this to assign a temporary rating.

http://offshore.ussailing.org/Assets...er+19+2011.pdf

Yours would be a class E boat in our race series. As stated, the class you would race in depends on how the sponsoring club splits out the handicaps.
Old 06-28-2012
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough

Curt,

You should find that boat a very rewarding race machine. I always felt my C&C 30 Mark I performed a cut above all the other 30 footers with he same rating, allowing us to often do dumb things and still come out up front.

You should give it a try in a cruising class, as soon as you feel comfortable handling the boat in tight quarters, you are likely to find doing surprisingly well...surprisingly easy.
Old 06-29-2012
First String

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool View Post
Curt,

You should find that boat a very rewarding race machine. I always felt my C&C 30 Mark I performed a cut above all the other 30 footers with he same rating, allowing us to often do dumb things and still come out up front.

You should give it a try in a cruising class, as soon as you feel comfortable handling the boat in tight quarters, you are likely to find doing surprisingly well...surprisingly easy.
I went out a few Saturday's back with a guy that has some experiance racing. He pushed my boat just a little and said it was a very fast boat and ask me if I intended to do any local club racing. He saild it would do very nice in a race. If fact, when he gets back form Afgahanistain he said he would love to spend time teaching me and would help me put a team togeter. Sounds like fun to me. He was very impressed with the ascceleration from a ded stop to top speed. Any I am reading up on the stuff. trying to learn all I can. I just love this sailing stuff. this sailnet site has been a great help. Most everybody is helpful.
I wiill spend all summer getting use to the C&C30. How well she does in light air, How close she will pont on her own, Her weather helm and so on. I gues 5 man team? somone up front for the jib and spin work? Someone at the mast? Some to trim the jib/spinaker. someone to trim the main, a driver and a mainsheet trimer?
Old 06-29-2012

puddinlegs is on a distinguished road

Class breaks are usually determined when the organizer of the event gets an idea of who's coming out to play.

Crew... Ideally for short buoy racing, foredeck, mast, main trimmer, 2 jib/spin trimmers, pit, driver. 4-6 you can get around if everyone knows how to jump in when something needs to be done and depending on how your boat is rigged.

For beer cans, we'll have between 5 and 9 (usually 6 or 7) on a 34' boat. Most on the boat can do any position, so we can get away with being one or two people short. We also do phrf double handed racing which is a blast! 30' is a good length for dbl handing if you have any events in your area.
Old 06-29-2012
First String

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddinlegs View Post
Class breaks are usually determined when the organizer of the event gets an idea of who's coming out to play.

Crew... Ideally for short buoy racing, foredeck, mast, main trimmer, 2 jib/spin trimmers, pit, driver. 4-6 you can get around if everyone knows how to jump in when something needs to be done and depending on how your boat is rigged.

For beer cans, we'll have between 5 and 9 (usually 6 or 7) on a 34' boat. Most on the boat can do any position, so we can get away with being one or two people short. We also do phrf double handed racing which is a blast! 30' is a good length for dbl handing if you have any events in your area.
You mean just 2 people? double handed

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.