SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

s2 6.9 outboard size

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 · (Edited)
I had my 6hp outboard and part of the bracket it was locked to stolen off the back of my s2 6.9. I'm in the process of replacing. I never noticed if it was a long shaft or not Can anyone tell me whether the outboard should be a long or regular shaft. I'm going to keep the OB in the cabin now do you think a smaller 4 hp be enough power and what about a 4 stroke?

Also I have to replace the bracket. does anyone know whether the bracket had a 12 or 14 inch drop? Thanks

#2 ·
Every sailboat I've seen with an outboard had a long shaft. If you're on a lake, without current or tides to deal with, you could probably get by with a 4 horse. Anything you buy new in that size range, will be a 4 stroke. As to drop, I can't say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.