Cheap Zyban
<a href=http://drugsale.org/?product=zyban>Cheap Zyban</a>
Order Clomid
<a href=http://drugsale.org/?product=clomid>Cheap Clomid</a>
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-30-2007

dlc1265 is on a distinguished road
S2 8.0 Literature

Can you email me a copy of the literature? That might be a good start! Thanks!

dave.clark@hotmail.com
Old 07-03-2007

ErOscgen is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Buy Acomplia

buy acomplia
<a href=http://education.beta.edgewood.edu/ed677/discuss/_disc2/00001a50.htm>buy acomplia</a>
buy accutane
<a href=http://education.beta.edgewood.edu/ed677/discuss/_disc2/00001ab2.htm>buy accutane</a>
Old 03-24-2010

Doodad1 is on a distinguished road
S2 8.0

Dorourke,

I am helping a fellow sailor set up an S2 8.0 ahd it will need a new tiller. The existing tiller is not at all correct. could
You send me a picture of your tiller from the side and or some dimensions so we can have a tiller made.
This would be greatly appreciated.

Doodad1
Old 07-29-2010

dorourke is on a distinguished road
tiller

DooDad,

First, I'm sorry I wasen't here to reply sooner. I am one of the few still working in my neck of the woods.

I sent you a PM, I hope you read it.

I bought my tiller from Defender, I matched it up with the old tiller as best I could. I had to cut off about 12" to give the room in the cockpit as the old one did. I too haven't been able to find an exact replacement for my S2 8.0B.

I also have concerns with the rudder poast tube. I noticed when the weather is rough and the seas build the post oscilates from side to side with the wave action. I am now making a pattern to have a bracket cast in aluminum so I can mount it to the deck. If anyone else knows of a better way. Please let me know.

Dennis
Old 08-07-2010

rafege is on a distinguished road
My wife & I bought a 1980 8.0B from Lorain (OH) this spring. Now in Toledo (OH), so far, so good. Regarding the cockpit rudder post, before buying this 8.0B, we looked at a 1982 located on Lake Ontario in NY that had fiberglass reinforcement at the cockpit sole. We've had ours out in some 2-3ft waves and haven't noticed any funny business around the rudder post (yet).
Old 08-16-2010

rafege,

I have made a reinforcement out of solid aluminum round stock and am going to install it this next week with a stainless backing plate undernieth, and alot of silicone. My rudder post at the sole was conciderally smaller than the hole they put in the sole itself. I have been in six foot waves several times and I fret every time I need to pull or push the tiller when that happens, it made me too nervous.

Buy the way.... I think I know who you are, I think I saw you coming into the channel the same time as we were. I could be wrong but both the boats have the exact color scheme??

Dennis
Old 08-17-2010
Cagey One 8.0 B

RichHartmann is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure the tiller for the 8.0B is H & L Marine Woodworks model 112F and is available from Defender. I'll double check this weekend since I just replaced mine. I refinished my old tiller and am keeping it for a spare. If anyone needs a copy of the Owners Manual, I scanned mine. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. I've owned my '83 8.0B for 8 years. In that time I've replaced all the running rigging, the cushions, and the sails. I added a roller furler, bimini, gps, dsc radio, stereo, Force 10 grill, dvd and flat screen tv. I also use a carry on A/C, but am thinking of installing a built in A/C over the winter. When I bought the boat the saildrive was removed and replaced with a 13HP inboard Yanmar. The only bad thing about the yanmar was the shelving in the cabinet under the companionway had to be removed to provide enough room for the engine. I spend almost every weekend on the boat from March until November; going down on Friday night and returning Sunday. I've never had a problem with the rudder post, but the upper bushing just wore out this year and I've ordered a new nyliner bearing that I'll put in when I haul the boat to paint the bottom this year.

Rich
Cagey One
83 8.0 B
Old 08-18-2010

Rich,

It sounds like you and I should hang out. I have replaced so much of the outer gear and rigging on my "82" 8.0B. I am very interested in all the things you've done to your boat accept the change over to the Yanmar, (maby soon I will concider it mostly because of the milage.) I have the Johnson Evinrude 25 hp. and it trully is 25 hp. it also drinks like it.

Bret Overholtzer would love to hear from you also. He has a website strictly for S2's, mostly 8.0B's. If you have some pics you would love to brag with, I think he might be interested in them.

Bret's web address is: Implied consent - s2 8.0 meter

I will Email you for the brochure.

Thanks
Dennis
Old 08-18-2010

Rich,

I tried to Email you and the Sailnet server said you had a lock on Emails, so if you would, could you send me the scanned brochure?! I would appretiate it.

Thanks,
Dennis