<a href=http://drugsale.org/?product=zyban>Cheap Zyban</a>
Order Clomid
<a href=http://drugsale.org/?product=clomid>Cheap Clomid</a>
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 06-30-2007

S2 8.0 Literature

Can you email me a copy of the literature? That might be a good start! Thanks!

dave.clark@hotmail.com
post #23 of 30 Old 07-03-2007

Post Buy Acomplia

buy acomplia
<a href=http://education.beta.edgewood.edu/ed677/discuss/_disc2/00001a50.htm>buy acomplia</a>
buy accutane
<a href=http://education.beta.edgewood.edu/ed677/discuss/_disc2/00001ab2.htm>buy accutane</a>
post #24 of 30 Old 03-24-2010

S2 8.0

Dorourke,

I am helping a fellow sailor set up an S2 8.0 ahd it will need a new tiller. The existing tiller is not at all correct. could
You send me a picture of your tiller from the side and or some dimensions so we can have a tiller made.
This would be greatly appreciated.

Doodad1
post #25 of 30 Old 07-29-2010 Thread Starter

tiller

DooDad,

First, I'm sorry I wasen't here to reply sooner. I am one of the few still working in my neck of the woods.

I sent you a PM, I hope you read it.

I bought my tiller from Defender, I matched it up with the old tiller as best I could. I had to cut off about 12" to give the room in the cockpit as the old one did. I too haven't been able to find an exact replacement for my S2 8.0B.

I also have concerns with the rudder poast tube. I noticed when the weather is rough and the seas build the post oscilates from side to side with the wave action. I am now making a pattern to have a bracket cast in aluminum so I can mount it to the deck. If anyone else knows of a better way. Please let me know.

Dennis
post #26 of 30 Old 08-07-2010

My wife & I bought a 1980 8.0B from Lorain (OH) this spring. Now in Toledo (OH), so far, so good. Regarding the cockpit rudder post, before buying this 8.0B, we looked at a 1982 located on Lake Ontario in NY that had fiberglass reinforcement at the cockpit sole. We've had ours out in some 2-3ft waves and haven't noticed any funny business around the rudder post (yet).
post #27 of 30 Old 08-16-2010 Thread Starter

rafege,

I have made a reinforcement out of solid aluminum round stock and am going to install it this next week with a stainless backing plate undernieth, and alot of silicone. My rudder post at the sole was conciderally smaller than the hole they put in the sole itself. I have been in six foot waves several times and I fret every time I need to pull or push the tiller when that happens, it made me too nervous.

Buy the way.... I think I know who you are, I think I saw you coming into the channel the same time as we were. I could be wrong but both the boats have the exact color scheme??

Dennis
post #28 of 30 Old 08-17-2010
Cagey One 8.0 B

I'm pretty sure the tiller for the 8.0B is H & L Marine Woodworks model 112F and is available from Defender. I'll double check this weekend since I just replaced mine. I refinished my old tiller and am keeping it for a spare. If anyone needs a copy of the Owners Manual, I scanned mine. Shoot me an email and I'll send it to you. I've owned my '83 8.0B for 8 years. In that time I've replaced all the running rigging, the cushions, and the sails. I added a roller furler, bimini, gps, dsc radio, stereo, Force 10 grill, dvd and flat screen tv. I also use a carry on A/C, but am thinking of installing a built in A/C over the winter. When I bought the boat the saildrive was removed and replaced with a 13HP inboard Yanmar. The only bad thing about the yanmar was the shelving in the cabinet under the companionway had to be removed to provide enough room for the engine. I spend almost every weekend on the boat from March until November; going down on Friday night and returning Sunday. I've never had a problem with the rudder post, but the upper bushing just wore out this year and I've ordered a new nyliner bearing that I'll put in when I haul the boat to paint the bottom this year.

Rich
Cagey One
83 8.0 B
post #29 of 30 Old 08-18-2010 Thread Starter

Rich,

It sounds like you and I should hang out. I have replaced so much of the outer gear and rigging on my "82" 8.0B. I am very interested in all the things you've done to your boat accept the change over to the Yanmar, (maby soon I will concider it mostly because of the milage.) I have the Johnson Evinrude 25 hp. and it trully is 25 hp. it also drinks like it.

Bret Overholtzer would love to hear from you also. He has a website strictly for S2's, mostly 8.0B's. If you have some pics you would love to brag with, I think he might be interested in them.

Bret's web address is: Implied consent - s2 8.0 meter

I will Email you for the brochure.

Thanks
Dennis
post #30 of 30 Old 08-18-2010 Thread Starter

Rich,

I tried to Email you and the Sailnet server said you had a lock on Emails, so if you would, could you send me the scanned brochure?! I would appretiate it.

Thanks,
Dennis

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.