Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > S2
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009

sailorjcd is on a distinguished road
I just found your threads and thought I'd post: I have owned S2 27 no. 81 for about two years now. Not much to add to the cabin top traveller discussion, except that mine also has the Lewmar cabin top arrangement. I have changed out the cam cleats, as it was already set up with control lines when I purchased the boat. If there is an owners forum dedicated to the S2 27 somewhere, I'd be interested in joining. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2009

BobS2 is on a distinguished road
Glad to see another S2 27 owner! This thread seems to be about the closest thing to a group I've found. I purchased hull #50 last summer. Found some soggy core in the cabintop, so the new traveller install will coincide with that repair as soon as possible. Where do you sail?
Old 05-20-2009

scuppers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorjcd View Post
I just found your threads and thought I'd post: I have owned S2 27 no. 81 for about two years now. Not much to add to the cabin top traveller discussion, except that mine also has the Lewmar cabin top arrangement. I have changed out the cam cleats, as it was already set up with control lines when I purchased the boat. If there is an owners forum dedicated to the S2 27 somewhere, I'd be interested in joining. Thanks.
Welcome. I have hull #80, build year 1987. I have a question for you. Does your boat have a compression post in the salon? All the literature I've read states that 27s have keel stepped masts, which I am sure the pre-'87 models do. Mine doesn't, however, so I am interested in hearing about your mast configuration.
Old 05-26-2009

rperret is on a distinguished road
Scuppers - are you stating that your 27 does not have a compression post - ie, you have a deck stepped mast with a tabernacle? wow - that sounds very strange? are u sure you have an S2 27 Performance Cruiser? Maybe someone modified the design?

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuppers View Post
Welcome. I have hull #80, build year 1987. I have a question for you. Does your boat have a compression post in the salon? All the literature I've read states that 27s have keel stepped masts, which I am sure the pre-'87 models do. Mine doesn't, however, so I am interested in hearing about your mast configuration.

The grocery stores the super mart, uh huh
Little girls still break their hearts, uh huh
And men still keep on marching off to war
Electrically they keep a baseball score

The beat goes on, the beat goes on...
Old 05-26-2009

Bob - a while back I mentioned forming a class assoc, etc. but with so few boat owners, and spread thin geographically, it wasn't financially feasible.

next best thing would be a yahoo newsgroup - since we could control access and share information and documents in private. the newsgroup would be easy to set up.

if more are interested pls PM me and I'll set up the group in the next few weeks.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS2 View Post
Glad to see another S2 27 owner! This thread seems to be about the closest thing to a group I've found. I purchased hull #50 last summer. Found some soggy core in the cabintop, so the new traveller install will coincide with that repair as soon as possible. Where do you sail?

Old 05-26-2009

All

I just created a yahoo news group, if interested in sharing info and docs - send an email to:

s227classassociation
"at"
yahoogroups
"dot"
com

pls reference the sailnet and your hull # so I can eliminate any spam...

Old 05-27-2009

scuppers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rperret View Post
Scuppers - are you stating that your 27 does not have a compression post - ie, you have a deck stepped mast with a tabernacle? wow - that sounds very strange? are u sure you have an S2 27 Performance Cruiser? Maybe someone modified the design?

Rick
Sorry about my lack of clarity! My boat does have a compression post, to which the dining table attaches in the salon. The mast is deck stepped with a mast shoe on the deck plate. It all appears to be original. Since the '85s and '86s are keel stepped, I was simply wondering if S2 changed the design for the '87s. Check out the second and fourth pictures down on the following website, which had hull #85 for sale. The setup looks just like my boat.
S2 27 sailboat for sale

(BTW, I am 100% certain that my boat is an S2 27 Performance Cruiser -- some 8.0B owners seem to think they have 27s)

When I get a chance, I'll snap some pics and post them on the new Yahoo site. Thanks for setting that up!
Old 10-29-2009

dreamteam is on a distinguished road
S2 27

I just found the forum don't know if you still use it. I have an 1986 S2 27 and have owned it for 11 years. I love the boat its been a great boat for the family and I have done a bit of racing as well. Mine is the cruiser version which I have somewhat changed so I could better race. I think I'm either 44 or 72 cannot remember.
Old 10-29-2009

CrescentSail is on a distinguished road
Hello Dreamteam,

I do still use this forum, just not too regularly. I have been trying to tune my rig a bit better for racing. Have been experimenting with shroud tension. What type of keel do you have? Mine is the shoul keel. Winter is about to bite us here in MI. I plan to pull the mast on Sunday and pull it out of the water on Monday. Glad you're on the forum. Stay in touch.
Old 11-04-2009

dreamteam is on a distinguished road
Sail S2 27

I have sailed mostly on a Lake in GA but this last year I move to a lake in SC. I have the standard keel.