SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Polars for S-38 Mk II?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sNun398 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can find polars? Of course it depends on headsail selection, I have a 130% and 150-155% Genoa. Info with any headsail would be helpful. Oh, and it's a shoal draft (wing) keel - datasheet draft is 4-11"
Thanks,
Jim

#3 ·
Still Interested

Yes, I would be interested if it's not too much trouble. It would at least be a starting point. btw the other thing I failed to mention is I have a MaxProp. So many variables .....

In general I like how the boat moves, especially in light air, but have not been able to get her to go to windward as well as I'd hoped. Don't know if it's sail trim, sail quality (main is pretty old and distorted), or the keel. I would expect my windward performance to be not quite as good as the CB, but as I said it would be a starting point.
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.