SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Sabre (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sabre/)
-   -   Sabre 34 parts for sale (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sabre/57701-sabre-34-parts-sale.html)

wemsail 09-03-2009 12:54 AM

Sabre 34 parts for sale
 
My sabre 34 has been totaled and I have parts for sale. I have a nearly new 135% genoa, 12 volt seafrost refrigeration new this year, fenders, anchors CQR and Danforth with chain+rode, several other parts that may be of interest.

Sabreman 09-26-2009 10:24 PM

I'd be interested in the Seafrost. PM me

wemsail 09-28-2009 11:21 AM

The Sea Frost is the 12 volt BD Series with remote thermostat, and includes 2-ice trays. I just installed it this summer and only used it two weeks, so it is essentially brand new. I bought it for a total cost new of $1500. I will let it go for $1200.
I was not able to remove any winches - they had to go with the boat as part of the salvage settlement.

I unfortunetly hit a rock ledge off the coast of Maine at 6knts.
get back to me either here or wemsail@yahoo.com

sailingfool 09-28-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wemsail (Post 526988)
...
I unfortunetly hit a rock ledge off the coast of Maine at 6knts.
get back to me either here or wemsail@yahoo.com

Major bummer...would you consider starting a tread on the circumstance sof the accident, I'm sure many of us could benefit from hearing how you got out of place.

FWIW... over the past few year I have several times found my boat heading not where I wanted it to be, because I had slipped into navigating via the GPS, confirming for me the fact that the GPS is absolutely no substitue for a paper chart.

wemsail 09-29-2009 10:30 AM

That would be a good excercise. My first reaction was stupidty and not looking at the information in front of me on the chart plotter. However, now I feel there were a couple of other reasons.

josrulz 09-30-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wemsail (Post 519518)
My sabre 34 has been totaled and I have parts for sale. I have a nearly new 135% genoa, 12 volt seafrost refrigeration new this year, fenders, anchors CQR and Danforth with chain+rode, several other parts that may be of interest.

Hi wemsail, could you provide any additional details on the genoa? Also what year Sabre 34 is it? Sorry to hear of your misfortune...
Thanks,
J

davidpm 09-30-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingfool (Post 526989)
Major bummer...would you consider starting a tread on the circumstance sof the accident, I'm sure many of us could benefit from hearing how you got out of place.

FWIW... over the past few year I have several times found my boat heading not where I wanted it to be, because I had slipped into navigating via the GPS, confirming for me the fact that the GPS is absolutely no substitue for a paper chart.

What exactly went wrong when navigating with the GPS?

sailingfool 09-30-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidpm (Post 527718)
What exactly went wrong when navigating with the GPS?

Well, WEMSAIL seems to cover the bases well here:
http://www.sailnet.com/forums/sabre/...hit-rocks.html

Fundamentally, if you pick a destination on a GPS, you risk not noteing every obstacle between your departure and your destination, due the limitations of the GPS display. Do your naviagation on a chart, use the GPS only to verify location and present course to the next mark.

Bene505 09-30-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wemsail (Post 526988)
The Sea Frost is the 12 volt BD Series with remote thermostat, and includes 2-ice trays. I just installed it this summer and only used it two weeks, so it is essentially brand new. I bought it for a total cost new of $1500. I will let it go for $1200.
I was not able to remove any winches - they had to go with the boat as part of the salvage settlement.

I unfortunetly hit a rock ledge off the coast of Maine at 6knts.
get back to me either here or wemsail@yahoo.com

I too am interested in the Sea Frost. I need a 12v compressor and thermostat. I don't need the cold plate part.

I'm only interested if Sabreman doesn't want it, out of respect for a fellow sailnet member who responded first. (And I'd probably want a better deal than 20% off anyway.)

Sorry to hear about the run-in with a rock ledge. Please don't let it dissuade you from a great sport and community.

Regards,
Brad

sailingharry 09-30-2009 10:41 PM

Wemsail,

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Is the boat still around, or has it gone away? My need is rather unique, and I hope you can help. My '79 was dinged by the surveyor for failure to have a crash bar in front of the stove. I've seen pictures of other MK-1 34's with this bar. Did yours have one, and can you still get it? And how much?

Thanks,

Harry


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012