Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Sailboat Design and Construction
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2007
Arf!

pegasus1457 is on a distinguished road
it would be nice to know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
No, we like it. Seats four adults easily, or six munchkins. It disappears under the v-berth when not in use, and locks to the compression post when extended:
what kinds of boats these are. If you post a photo of your boat's interior, could you tell us the make and model? Just for the fun of it.

Micheal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-26-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Pegasus: Good point. I'll go back and edit the post.
Old 10-26-2007
Broad Reachin'

kwaltersmi is on a distinguished road
John - Thanks for edit. I thought that looked like a giant Dana.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-26-2007

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Kwaltersmi: You're right! It essentially is a giant Dana 24, with the addition of a nav station and double quarterberth. We previously owned a Dana and liked the open interior arrangement....
Old 10-26-2007
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
While we appreciated the U shaped dinette in our last boat for the easy passage forward, we ended up with a centerline table this last time around.

I'm not a huge fan of this arrangement, finding the table often in the way... however this one is quite clever.

The folded-over top section is fiddled so things will stay on the table in a seaway of need be. When it's flipped over to starboard, it serves the starboard settee quite well (though like all center line tables now blocks passage forward) and the port side dropleaf can be raised to create a large, fiddle free table for dining or a card game at anchor, or in calm conditions. In addition there is a cutlery drawer conveniently built in as you can see.

Last edited by Faster; 10-26-2007 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2007
humble pie rat

CapnHand is on a distinguished road
I like our table. It folds up out of the way against the bulkhead when not in use. When down it still provides passage forward. The L shaped port setee provides seating for 3. When required, a leaf pulls out to extend the table for an additional 2 seats on the starboard setee.

Last edited by CapnHand; 10-27-2007 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-27-2007

billangiep is on a distinguished road
It's difficult to see (lower right) but the table folds up and forward has a leg for support then folds again port and starboard. The top has storage for a half dozen wine bottles or so along with a cabinet in the aft section with three shelfs.There is also storage on the lower port side.
Bayfield 32.....
Old 10-27-2007

Bestfriend, Faster & BillangieP,

Nice shots of your interiors! It's amazing how many different table arrangements have been conceived. I like ours, but in truth it has some downsides, notabley the lack of fiddles while underway.

Faster: Nice heater installation. You did a better job of concealing the propane and electric lines than I did (ours isn't installed yet in those photos). I'll have to improve on that. By the way, I've forgotten what make your boat is?

BillangieP: I've always liked the Bayfields, but I didn't realize how nice they were belowdecks.

BestFriend: I can see where the love/hate relation comes from. But that is a pretty standard arrangement, and it sure looks nice in the photo, even if it's a bit in the way at anchor.
Old 10-27-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
John, very clever disappearing salon table design. Did you devise that or was it a standard feature from PS?

We have a small, removable teak table up in the pilothouse, which is used for most meals and socializing. It's really only big enough for 2-3 place settings, but I'm considering a hinged leaf to accommodate more. Here's a pre-purchase photo . . . before I stripped and revarnished all the teak:

Our salon table seats six and is on the port side, down below across from the galley. The table is rarely dropped, since it's never in the way. This photo is also pre-purchase, actually taken through a portlight - so please excuse the poor photo quality.

The same salon table shown dropped down to form a third "stateroom", if ever needed. Full width curtains are drawn for privacy:

Old 10-27-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post

What's the silver box saying Newport in the bulkhead?

Is that an oven? ????? very very intrigued

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.