Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Sailboat Design and Construction
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008

JacquesLangusto is an unknown quantity at this point
Great Project Boat, Great Design Rhodes 32

Yes, there is a Rhodes Chesapeake 32 on the ebay. How stupid people are to pass this up. I have a boat, but I look at this Rhodes. It is a solid hull and deck. Only 85 of these boats made. I should take boat, but I am cruising a retired IOR now. I think 'is the US so broke nobody can afford classic boat like this Chesapeake?' What? Everyone has wife that say's, " ...no, we must pay the robber oil barons and buy the war machines or they take our home." How unfortunate.

So, I see this boat and it is needing assembly and some bulkhead repair. I have sellers phone number.

Anyway, the boat is a very good design. The boats construction is good for the US 1960's construction. It is like the Pearson boats from the factory. The Danes did a much better job, but the plastic is very thick and the hull is very solid. Nice 3700# lead ballast. Good diesel. Seeing a fine boat like this on ebay and at the hands of a general public that beats children with rods for Jesus, creeps me out.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-12-2012

Powerdude is on a distinguished road
It is kind of sad.

On the other hand, it's a tough economy out there, because of poor choices people and elected officials have made, and probably part of the natural ups and downs of the business cycle.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook