dinghy identification - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-24-2008 Thread Starter

dinghy identification

Hi,
I just aquired this dinghy to teach my toddler some basics. I will be repainting and making a new sail. There are no identifying marks on the boat anywhere. It is all glass with a molded liner. 8 feet long. Only wood is the trim and blades.......Any ideas what it might be?

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2008
Heavy on the Mr. part

I have actually looked at a lot of small boats and that one is a new one to me. Any holes where a manufacturers tag may have been removed? Perhaps when you sand and strip it for painting you will find something. I like the little raised deck for the mast box. How big is it?

LuckyTexan
post #3 of 6 Old 04-26-2008
"Nevis Nice"

Does it have a HIN number on the transom? If so, the first three characters are the Manufacturer's Identification Code (MIC). You can enter the MIC and get the Manufacturer's name at Manufacturers Identification Code (MIC) Database

Hud
post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2008 Thread Starter

Thank you for the help! The boat doesn't have a HIN number anywhere. It definitely came out of a mold at some point and I believe the gelcoat is original. I've been around sailing dinghies and other small boats my entire life and have never seen one quite like this. Hopefully someone will come along that recognizes her.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2008

Can you get a better picture of the sail and its insignia on it? Or is that from another brand and put on it to make it work?

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-28-2008 Thread Starter

I will take some additional pictures later this week. I'm away until wed. It is the rig and sail that came with the boat. The graphic is a skull and crossbones. It looks as though someone might have stenciled it on after the fact. I honestly do not know if the sail or rig are original. I'm planning on making a new sail and beefing up the rig arrangement.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.