Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Boat Review and Purchase Forum > Sailboat Design and Construction
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010

sail1177 is on a distinguished road
Hi all,
I am interested in buying a wooden K that could use some work. I would love to work on restoring one. Is anyone interested in selling?
Thanks so much,
Liz Shoemaker
404-550-5721
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-14-2010

boatman23 is on a distinguished road
I just found this site in my quest to get some info on K boats. My dad knew Murray, we used to own and sail K-10, which we bought when I was a boy. We had a cottage on Keuka Lake and used to compete in the races that Mr. Wright used to hold at his farm, on the east side of Keuka. Neighbors of ours, one cottage away also had a K boat, I think it was K-6. A note to a comment about the cockpit shape: The aft end of the cockpit was square, (and uncomfortable to lean against on a long, downhill run home in the afternoon; a boat cushion helped). I have some pictures of our boat. I'll see how they scan, if anyone would like to see them.

Thanks, Paul French
Old 05-27-2011

Samf3633 is on a distinguished road
Smile Ah K boat

I remember the K boat very well. In fact I help build many of them when Murray Wright sold them to Wright boat Company In Canandaigua NY. Owed By Shepard Marine Inc on the city pier.. We made them in fiberglass though, Lol I still have a pair of coverals that got covered in Orange Jel coat when we were unloading 55 gal drums of it. Great Boat I sailed many of them, To bad the molds got burned up in a fire. I love to have one. Hard to find any parts for them now a days. Yep sure do miss those days, Shepard sold that buisness along time ago I worked for them for over 20 years great people. I believe the YMCA camp on canandaigua Lake still has 2 or 3 of them still. I have a lot of memeories of that boat.
Sam
Old 06-02-2011

K Boat Resurection Maybe, I might be the new owner of the K boat time will tell. Anyone out there intrested in a new K boat Let me know
Sam
Old 03-17-2012

depasst is on a distinguished road
Re: Sail plan for 1941 Wright Built K boat

I might have original hardware for K-boat. Flag/W cast in. Do you know where to find info. to I.D. them? Picture's, book's, ......... I also may have a pair of original sail's for K-boat. Used condition, Stained, one small patch, cotton, rope and thread's look almost new. Do not appear to be rotted. Contact Steve at: 716 569 4122. Wright K sailboat
Old 10-28-2013

Re: Sail plan for 1941 Wright Built K boat

K-Boat Update I hope to be selling K-boat Parts and Boats in the middle of 2014 if anyone is intrested. Going threw the paper work with lawyers at this time so K-Boats Will be resurrected soon. I wish I still live in NY but boats(fiberglass model) and parts will be made in Oklahoma
Sam