SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Mystery - pls help

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  rbrame 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Can anyone help me id this boat? If the link below doesn't work, it's to a picture of a nice little daysailer named "Mous'l". I just saw the same boat up on Martha's Vineyard, and I'm trying to figure out what it is.

If the link doesn't work, you can search Google for "Mous'l" and a picture will come up.

Prints. Look for the boat titled "Mous'l"

I'm not a shill for the artist, but she has the only online picture of the boat I've been able to find.

Thanks,

Perry

#3 · (Edited)
If you mean this boat:

I doubt it is a drascombe lugger, as the lugger was usually a ketch rig. It is hard to identify a boat without a decent profile image, so we can at least see the sheer line of the boat... A photo or painting of this image generally doesn't give much to go on.

Also, the Drascombe Lugger, even in fiberglass, will look like a lapstrake build, and this boat seems to have a smooth hull. Here is a photo of a Drascombe with only one mast up.

#5 ·
Wow, you guys rock! I'm blown away by the fast turnaround.

I actually have other pics of the boat, but they are digital and on my computer, so I have no way to post them. I used Mous'l only because I've been searching for online photos and she looks like the same boat that I saw on Martha's Vineyard recently.

If anyone would let me, I'd email a pic that they could post.???

Thanks,

Perry

If you mean this boat:

I doubt it is a drascombe lugger, as the lugger was usually a ketch rig. It is hard to identify a boat without a decent profile image, so we can at least see the sheer line of the boat... A photo or painting of this image generally doesn't give much to go on.

#9 ·
Almost.... I had the same problem.

I still think it's some sort of Drascombe, maybe not a lugger. I've never seen another boat with a transom like that. It's possible that the artist just didn't note the lapstrakes, although he/she did seem to be quite detail oriented in the other paintings.

#10 ·
Yes, the transom matches what I photographed, as well as the shear, etc. The one I saw was open decked, with no cuddy at all. I don't know if it was a ketch, but it did not look to have a boom, so that's a hint.

Does anyone make a "knock 0ff in the states? I'm looking at EastWest, and theirs are close, but not quite.

But thanks for the input, it has really helped.

Perry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.